Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Oct 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Virgin flight issue

Having looked on the dibb about how to get the dates you want to fly was advised to book the outward when it became available
then when booking the return to ring virgin to add the companion reward and make the outward and inward a combined return ( this was also confirmed with virgin as the thing to do when I spoke to Kirsty before booking the outward flight)
This morning the return becamei available and I rang virgin at 7am
Spoke to an advisor and was told you are not able to combine 2 seperate flights and if I wanted the return would have to book and pay the fees.
So if you are thinking of booking the outward and then the inward at a later date think again as you would be paying taxes and fees on two separate flights.

Got round this by cancelling the original flights and rebooking the outward and return in one booking adding the companion flight

We got 2x adults man to orlando 10th sept 10:30am outward and return on the 26th at 5:00pm using 70,000 miles and 2 companion flights ( only thought I had 1)
£658 each for upper class both ways.
Seems a good deal

Edited at 10:19 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Having looked on the dibb about how to get the dates you want to fly was advised to book the outward when it became available
then when booking the return to ring virgin to add the companion reward and make the outward and inward a combined return ( this was also confirmed with virgin as the thing to do when I spoke to Kirsty before booking the outward flight)
Spoke to an advisor and was told you are not able to combine 2 seperate flights and if I wanted the return would have to book and pay the fees.
So if you are thinking of booking the outward and then the inward at a later date think again as you would be paying taxes and fees on two separate flights.

Got round this by cancelling the original flights and rebooking the outward and return in one booking adding the companion flight

We got 2x adults man to orlando 10th sept 10:30am outward and return on the 26th at 5:00pm using 70,000 miles and 2 companion flights ( only thought I had 1)
Seems a good deal
I’m glad you got the flights you wanted.

The staff don’t seem to have a clear policy on this and it seems to depend who you speak to on the day!

However, the issue with cancelling your pre-booked outbound and then combining it with the return is that when you cancel a reward flight, it doesn’t immediately become a ‘reward’ flight again. It may do once it’s gone through the system but it’s not a given. It depends on what the availability is currently like since the time you booked it originally. However, if there is still availability showing for the date you originally booked them that would work.

Unfortunately you still have to pay the cancellation fee for the one way you booked at first, but a small price to pay for UC returns.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
The outward flights were originally premium flights so maybe if they went back into the system they weren't available as rewards as you say do was offered UC.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

It does amuse me that VA seem to make up the Flying Club rules as they go along. I was told that yes, you can combine the flights to make it a return. However, I was also told you can't use 2 companion vouchers on a return flight! Seems like it's just who you speak to on the day.

Great deal!
Old 30 Oct 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear you got it sorted...

I tend to keep on ringing until I get through to an agent who gives me the answer I am looking for...

I had a companion voucher query recently, it was call and agent number three who was able to do the booking for me, agent one and two said it wasn't possible

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

In the past I have done this, book outbound and book inbound later and combine them. However, on one occasion they couldn't combine them, so I had two booking refs, but treated them as one from the 'payment' point of view.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post

Seems a good deal
I thought it was 95k for an UC off peak return?
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
I thought it was 95k for an UC off peak return?
I did too, but the other thing that's puzzling me is using two vouchers? One adult plus one companion adult is only one voucher but OP states he used two?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I did too, but the other thing that's puzzling me is using two vouchers? One adult plus one companion adult is only one voucher but OP states he used two?
Tbh I only ever thought I had one companion voucher so I have no idea where the 2nd one came from.
The advisor mentioned one was used to add a companion and save miles and the other used to upgrade from premium to UC.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
Old 1 Nov 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Ahhhh right - so they've done you a one way premiums @ 22500 plus one way upper @ 47500 and used one voucher to get a matching companion. Then used a second voucher to upgrade both the one way premiums to UC. Fantastic deal and good thinking from the booking agent
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List