Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Oct 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
What's wrong with the lounge in Orlando and what's with the food vouchers
It can get very busy with 'up their own backside' US Delta Business passengers

If you can find a seat though, and it's usually possible there's free wifi, free drinks and hot and cold snacks. Better than waiting at the gate IMHO but, as Swiper mentions, you can usually negotiate a swap for airside food vouchers at check in.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
Sorry to hijack this post but we’re hoping to upgrade up Upper class coming home With Virgin on our next trip from MCO but to humour ourselves we’ve been you-tubing it, it seems very noisy & dare I say it abit chaotic compared to the virgin first class lounge at Heathrow where they offer massages etc

Can you tell me if that was the case when you were there ?
I've never experienced The LHR lounge in person but from the pictures I've seen it looks vastly superior to Delta @MCO.

It can get very busy and facilities are basic - seating, wifi, charging points, snacks & drinks are available but that's as good as it gets.

This is from my last visit :

Salad and a hot chicken & rice dish.

Crudités and dips etc

Pot roast soup

Coffee machine

Syrups for coffee, ice tea and chilled water

Ice cream

Cookies and brownies

Complimentary drinks

There are also chargeable ‘premium’ drinks at the full bar.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've used the club house at LHR many times as it's so convenient as it's vastly superior to almost any other lounge we've used anywhere else. We've even gone into this lounge at 10am for a 4pm flight it's that good!
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I've never experienced The LHR lounge in person but from the pictures I've seen it looks vastly superior to Delta @MCO.

It can get very busy and facilities are basic - seating, wifi, charging points, snacks & drinks are available but that's as good as it gets.

Crudités and dips etc

Pot roast soup

Coffee machine

Ice cream

Cookies and brownies

Complimentary drinks

We like the Delta Lounge. Can get busy but does what it says on the tin. We don't want full meals just a few 'nibbles'. The soup is always good.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post

Crudités and dips etc

Pot roast soup

Coffee machine

Ice cream

Cookies and brownies

Complimentary drinks

Thank you so much for this...very helpful - maybe I’ll bend the plastic abit more to go upper class from Heathrow instead ! 😂😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Thank you so much for this...very helpful - maybe I’ll bend the plastic abit more to go upper class from Heathrow instead ! 😂😂
Don't forget that the VS Clubhouse is in T3 and that termial is closed with no re-opening date. VS are operating out if T2 at the moment.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Don't forget that the VS Clubhouse is in T3 and that termial is closed with no re-opening date. VS are operating out if T2 at the moment.
Same at Man, should be T2 and a nice new CH but they are using T1

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you want the full Upper experience, it's always better to upgrade the outbound flight rather than the return since the UK amenities are better than the US ones. One exception may be if you're going from a US airport that actually has a Virgin operated Clubhouse (e.g. JFK or SFO - although all CHs are currently closed) but still, service levels on a day flight are typically more than on a night flight.

I personally prefer to upgrade the inbound since the main reason I want Upper is for the bed, the lesser experience isn't really an issue for me. I'm an economy service level traveller who just wants a comfortable seat. Not in it for the fuss.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

I agree, it was the main reason for us booking UC for the return journey back to the UK, none of us sleep so we opted for UC for the beds in the hope we can get some shut eye...I just worry after doing it once, we’ll never want to go back to PE, not to mention Economy.. Now, that’s defi been a while !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do you managed to get a good sleep in the upper class beds
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List