Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Oct 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I love it too 😂
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I just loved it
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mandevillepete View Post
I think it’s one of those comedies where either you get it or you don’t. We thought it was absolutely hilarious. Laughed out loud to most episodes. The finale ... 😂😂😂
I don't think it's an issue of "getting it" it's more that people had said it's the best thing ever but it seems (so far) to be mostly quite boring..

I'm happy to stick with it if it's a grower though..
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by afcajax73 View Post
I don't think it's an issue of "getting it" it's more that people had said it's the best thing ever but it seems (so far) to be mostly quite boring..

I'm happy to stick with it if it's a grower though..
So my DH didn’t understand why I was watching it (he thought it was bananas) however the more episodes we watched the more he connected to the characters. I personally loved it and by about the 3rd series my DH did too.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
So my DH didn’t understand why I was watching it (he thought it was bananas) however the more episodes we watched the more he connected to the characters. I personally loved it and by about the 3rd series my DH did too.
this is it... its not about it being not funny, its just that at first you dont really get to love the characters... they are awful people. but at some point, both you and they turn a corner, and suddenly it clicks and becomes one of your favourite shows ever... and after that point, every time moira says bebe or alexis moves her hands, it becomes the funniest thing on the planet. it's *really* subtle, but the payoff for sticking with it is SO worth it@
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
this is it... its not about it being not funny, its just that at first you dont really get to love the characters... they are awful people. but at some point, both you and they turn a corner, and suddenly it clicks and becomes one of your favourite shows ever... and after that point, every time moira says bebe or alexis moves her hands, it becomes the funniest thing on the planet. it's *really* subtle, but the payoff for sticking with it is SO worth it@
Totally agree with you both.
That’s exactly what it is .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I love it too! Such an easy 20 minute watch as and when we want a little bit of escapism! Just finishing series 3. 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Thought this might be good for a Schitt$ Creek fan.

Just made this 1000 jigsaw in photo box. £22.95 with a 40% discount. 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

I've watched a few more... sticking with it!
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

I agree with some of the comments previous, I think the script writers spent too long on the fall from grace and being hard done to aspect. The first episode already showed the premise of the family but I felt they could have got into the transformation sooner as it took a good few episodes to stop being irritated by their cliched response to every predictable situation, I nearly gave up but glad I stuck to it as it was a great program
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List