Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Also...sorry for all the questions. Were do people park? How do you board? Are you given a time? I see on the website that you can buy a key card for priority boarding and disembark and priority seating at shows €20pp per day is this worth it.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
What would be a good price to get them at?
I would grab them at £37. We got them for $49 per person per day. It is dearer on board. If you buy them and then see it cheaper you can cancel and rebuy.
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Also...sorry for all the questions. Were do people park? How do you board? Are you given a time? I see on the website that you can buy a key card for priority boarding and disembark and priority seating at shows €20pp per day is this worth it.
Where are you sailing from Maddox Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale?

When you check in on line 60 days prior I think?! You are select a time to arrive. Lots of people don't stick to it though and turn up at different times. Normally they leave around 4pm we always aim to be onboard around 11 or so. They will take your luggage as you arrive at the terminal but you won't see it again till later in the afternoon so pack a few back packs for anything you might need. Some people throw in swim gear so they can use the pools. You can explore the ship and have your lunch. Then its time for the "Sail Away" party. So much fun!They will give you a time that your room will be ready for so when you go there your cases are lined up outside your room.

I wouldn't bother with the key card.
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

What would be a good price to get them at?
I was happy with the £37 and would have bought that for this Sept.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I wasn't parking. I booked flights via BA and had a car from Tampa to Canaveral. No car for that week, then car for a week from Canaveral to Tampa.

Avis doesn't charge a one way fee.

Can't see the point paying for parking for a car I can't use for a week.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Where are you sailing from Maddox Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale?

When you check in on line 60 days prior I think?! You are select a time to arrive. Lots of people don't stick to it though and turn up at different times. Normally they leave around 4pm we always aim to be onboard around 11 or so. They will take your luggage as you arrive at the terminal but you won't see it again till later in the afternoon so pack a few back packs for anything you might need. Some people throw in swim gear so they can use the pools. You can explore the ship and have your lunch. Then its time for the "Sail Away" party. So much fun!They will give you a time that your room will be ready for so when you go there your cases are lined up outside your room.

I wouldn't bother with the key card.
Ciano we are going from Fort Lauderdale. That all sounds great will leave that key card off so. Good tip on the back pack with the swim bits👍
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Is your cruise a week long? The car hire companies are all close to the port so you can drop the car back to car hire, they will provide a shuttle to bring you the short journey to the ship and then when you get off the ship the shuttle is there to bring you back and pick up a new hired car. Or if you really want there is loads of parking available. IMO best is the one right beside the terminal. It will be the most expensive though. $15 per day.
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Mobile

Ciano you are just the best 😁 thank you. I will look into that sounds like a better plan if we can drop off the car and collect another one. So our cruise is 4 nights. Monday -Friday.
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi Interesting thread, and useful to me as we've booked Allure next August taking in Coco cay and we've never been there before!

We've sailed with RCCL a couple of times already but not on Allure so very excited.
We always get the drinks package with Royal Caribbean so good to know we can use it ashore on the island

For those who have been before, if you are saying the water park isn't really worth it, and I agree at $50 per person, could you tell me please, are there beaches which are quiet?
Will we be likely able to find a little bit of beach to ourselves do you think?
What about loungers etc, do you pay for those?
What else is on the island to do?
Will have 3 young adult sons with us who will want to 'do stuff' whilst we will want to paddle and chill out

Thanks!

Oh and Maddox you are going to love cruising - but beware! It gets addictive!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hi Interesting thread, and useful to me as we've booked Allure next August taking in Coco cay and we've never been there before!

We've sailed with RCCL a couple of times already but not on Allure so very excited.
We always get the drinks package with Royal Caribbean so good to know we can use it ashore on the island

For those who have been before, if you are saying the water park isn't really worth it, and I agree at $50 per person, could you tell me please, are there beaches which are quiet?
Will we be likely able to find a little bit of beach to ourselves do you think?
What about loungers etc, do you pay for those?
What else is on the island to do?
Will have 3 young adult sons with us who will want to 'do stuff' whilst we will want to paddle and chill out

Thanks!

Oh and Maddox you are going to love cruising - but beware! It gets addictive!
Hi Cloverlady there are a couple of different beaches but I dont think you would get one to yourself I'm afraid! Sun loungers are free!
There are watersports that can be done but of course big bucks! Paragliding, jet skis and zip lining.
You can walk around or you can hop on little trolleys that go from the ship around the island all day. There are a number of bars including one you swim up to in one of the pools! Then there are different food outlets scattered around. If you have the drinks package then all your drinks on the island are included. They just scan your card. The day we were there on Mariner we were the only ship but I believe there can b 2 ships at day.
Love reliving the memories hopefully we will get back soon again too!