Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jun 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Is this the first time Disney would have released a special ticket for an occasion? I don't remember hearing anything about them doing it previously.
Old 18 Jun 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Is this the first time Disney would have released a special ticket for an occasion? I don't remember hearing anything about them doing it previously.
I’m not even sure if it will be a special ticket - I wonder whether they are just hoping that by October 1st they will be able to stop needing to use the park reservation system, as I’m sure they will want to be able to capitalise on maximum crowds and revenue for the 50th celebrations.

My belief is that this whole thing has been so complicated and frustrating (not only for us as guests, but also for them as a company), that they have come up with a system (the park reservations) to take control of the social distancing/staffing requirements/ possible revenue to see them (hopefully) through covid & then the anniversary just happens to be far enough away in the future (to again hope) that they can plan a more ‘normal’ system - be that the reintroduction of FP+/ normal adr levels etc.

Whilst this whole six months has been awful for us guests, in terms of cancellations/loss of aspects of our trips, Im sure it’s been no walk in the park for them to sort out either - not least the amount of money they have been losing - I reckon they see the 50th celebrations as a target date to get the cash cow back on track.

I don’t expect it to be a special ticket long term (as you say. they have never done that before), unless they decide to make 1st October itself an all ticket premium affair as a one off? But rather I expect the ‘special celebrations’ will more likely signify the end of the restrictions (covid allowing) to maximise crowds again.

Edited at 02:15 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I’m not even sure if it will be a special ticket - I wonder whether they are just hoping that by October 1st they will be able to stop needing to use the park reservation system, as I’m sure they will want to be able to capitalise on maximum crowds and revenue for the 50th celebrations.

My belief is that this whole thing has been so complicated and frustrating (not only for us as guests, but also for them as a company), that they have come up with a system (the park reservations) to take control of the social distancing/staffing requirements/ possible revenue to see them (hopefully) through covid & then the anniversary just happens to be far enough away in the future (to again hope) that they can plan a more ‘normal’ system - be that the reintroduction of FP+/ normal adr levels etc.

Whilst this whole six months has been awful for us guests, in terms of cancellations/loss of aspects of our trips, Im sure it’s been no walk in the park for them to sort out either - not least the amount of money they have been losing - I reckon they see the 50th celebrations as a target date to get the cash cow back on track.

I don’t expect it to be a special ticket long term (as you say. they have never done that before), unless they decide to make 1st October itself an all ticket premium affair as a one off? But rather I expect the ‘special celebrations’ will more likely signify the end of the restrictions (covid allowing) to maximise crowds again.
We can only hope that things are back to normal by next year 🤞🏼
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

It will be interesting to see what does happen. At the moment they are planning on selling park hoppers for 2021, when they start sales again.
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s my guess that they are desperate to cash in on the 50th so are demonstrating a range of measures to allow them to fully open on or before 1st October.

I think the original plan was a January to December celebration across 2021, but Covid means they’ve had to scrap this.

My guess is that they’ll start celebrating as soon as they can open with minimal or no restrictions - park reservations, DDP, Character interactions, Fastpass + and the whole need to social distance.

The lifting of restrictions gives them the perfect opportunity/excuse to throw a huge party/celebration.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

I think they will use the Park Reservation System for the 50th Celebrations, or at least some elements of it. By then, people will know the drill, any kinks will have been ironed out and the system already goes up to just before 1st October. Why bin it off when it stops just before October?

If they have it in place now, it's easier than then going back to the 'hard ticket' event, like MNSSHP. They may as well push on thru with the 50th Celebrations and then scrap it for 2022. If they really want to easily limit crowds for MK on October 1st, then they've got the answer ready made, today.

That said, the celebrations could/should be pared back anyway and there could be little in the way of celebrating. It could be a muted affair.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard anything yet?
Old 4 Aug 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard anything yet?
Not yet. I dont think they will announce anything until they know they can raise capacity safely.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Disney have filed a planning permit based on the area where they launch the fireworks in the engineering area and work has started. this is taken from a Disney video blog and the guy that runs it has been fairly accurate so far
"Disney files permits for “Project Nugget,” as part of a rumored 50th anniversary fireworks project now underway"

dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It won’t be an additional ticket thing. Disney made a clear line in the sand when the new covid system stopped 30/09/21 that 01/10/21 was 50th anniversary but as for tickets, chances are it’s a price hike on normal tickets we get although if there’s a suggestion crowds will remain low then they won’t hike too much.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List