Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile Hair Disappointment

I have had my appointment booked in since it was announced that salons could reopen again. I have been counting down the days and today couldn’t come quick enough.

I rock up to the salon this morning, all masked up and waited outside like I’d been instructed to do and it turns out that there were 3 appointments all made with the same stylist at the same time today 🤦🏼 So basically, she had been triple booked. One lady was already sat in the chair so she won the place!

Disappointed was an under statement and rather pathetically, I actually got back to the car and shed a few tears. I know there are far more serious and important things going on, but I just felt really disappointed as I’d been looking forward to it so much, and after having worked solidly for months just wanted a bit of a pamper.

However, this is the positivity forum and I have got over it now. Am booked in again for Thursday - fingers crossed - and I’ll try again then!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Oh dear, I bet the hairdressers feel bad they messed up with the appointments. Hope you get extra special treatment on Thursday
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Totally get your disappointment, I had mine done today and I’ve been counting the hours! Hope all goes well on Thursday - will be worth waiting for 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

You would have thought the hairdresser would have noticed yesterday that she was overbooked by 2 for the following day! I'd be a bit more then upset if that happened to me to be honest!
Hope you get really good service on Thursday & I would suggest you ring them on Wednesday just to make sure you are good to go this time.
Old 25 Jul 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The smallest things are becoming the biggest things.

Try not to let it get you down, by Thursday you will be walking on sunshine

Stay safe

Disney332
Old 25 Jul 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone.

Wizard - good shout. I’ll call on Wednesday. I hadn’t thought about doing that.

The funniest thing is my ds17 just came in and said “hair looks good Mum”, he knew I was going to the hairdressers today 🤣😂 I’ve just explained what happened and he said, well I couldn’t really see a difference but thought I should say something! 🙈
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

How frustrating. I can imagine how you are feeling.

Am sure you will be suitably pampered on Thursday..the main thing isn't that the hair itself isn't a disappointment.

have a lovely time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Well it rained here today and was windy, so if you had that weather, maybe decide that your new hair do would have been blown apart and it’s better it’s thursday!
#positivespin
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I get my first haircut (and colour) on Wednesday. I understand your disappointment - I wouldn’t handle it well either!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh no, that’s rotten. I can understand a mistake where someone accidentally double-books, but triple-books, oh my word! Think I would’ve had a few tears too! I hope they’ve managed to prioritise your booking for a slot ASAP!
I feel for you. My haircut in March was supposed to on the day when lockdown was announced, so my hairdresser (in anticipation of Boris’s announcement), decided to close early (and prior to that it’d been 6 weeks since I’d had it cut/coloured). Throughout lockdown I reluctantly used 2 home colours to hide the grey. When I finally got my appointment last week for a cut, colour & foil lights, my hairdresser could only do the all over colour due to build-up of colours on my hair. It was still nice to get it cut & all-over coloured, but I was disappointed about not being able to have my foils done! Having them done next time hopefully! 🤞
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List