Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 2 Oct 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
You’re welcome And my pleasure

I cant stand coloured or patterned bedding or towels - plain white is a must and I like top quality (its an every day luxury we all can afford )
It's a necessity IMO also, we spend a third of our lives in bed, it should be luxurious! I do like really rich coloured bedding and towels though, not a fan of white, no idea why. My bed currently has a rich chocolate brown sheet set from BB&B with a lighter brown textured duvet cover. I love it, could jump in right now!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I do like really rich coloured bedding and towels though, not a fan of white, no idea why. My bed currently has a rich chocolate brown sheet set from BB&B with a lighter brown textured duvet cover. I love it, could jump in right now!
its so you can hide the skidmarks, isnt it?
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
its so you can hide the skidmarks, isnt it?
Where's a vomiting smilie when you need one?

It's so I can secretly eat chocolate in bed when everyone else is asleep

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I like white sheets but DH says that’s a throw back from my years as a nurse he hates them so we have plain coloured ones
We had silk sheets paid a fortune for them lasted 2 nights again DH hater them so they went to DIL DS didn’t like them either so they were use for nativity play costumes at nursery
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

It's a necessity IMO also, we spend a third of our lives in bed, it should be luxurious! I do like really rich coloured bedding and towels though, not a fan of white, no idea why. My bed currently has a rich chocolate brown sheet set from BB&B with a lighter brown textured duvet cover. I love it, could jump in right now!
Well, we must agree to differ then.
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Where's a vomiting smilie when you need one?

It's so I can secretly eat chocolate in bed when everyone else is asleep
skidmarks or not, white sheets arent for me, which is why i'm considering this lovely teal duvet cover
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I like white sheets but DH says that’s a throw back from my years as a nurse he hates them so we have plain coloured ones
We had silk sheets paid a fortune for them lasted 2 nights again DH hater them so they went to DIL DS didn’t like them either so they were use for nativity play costumes at nursery
You know, I think that's possibly why I don't like white, too many years of hospital white sheets!

Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I think my fixation on white is down to staying at Grandparents who had bight stripped flannel sheets that were bobbly and I hates them or at a friends that had by nylon blue and we sure to kick out legs against to make them spark ! So has to be white cotton now lol

Like you we spend 1/3 or our time in bed and good quality sheets last years ad cost a fraction of a cost of a 2 week Disney holiday So essential to me (glad I am not alone in my “blinkered views” )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
anyone got MULBERRY SILK bedsheets? i'm really tempted by this duvet cover, but dont want to drop £250+ on bedding when i cant feel it first...

amazon/dp/B00ZZNRV...nguag e=en_GB
I have one lot of silk bedding but I'm not keen. I love that colour tho, is that what you're thinking of getting?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

on a related note, anyone come across any fitted sheets that have some sort ofreinforcement straps underneath to stop them popping off the mattress?

i've just ordered these, but if someone does sheets specifically for extra thick mattresses (we have a simba) or some that have the straps built in (im thinking wide elasticated straps that attach with velcro would be a good idea?) then please let me know!

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have one lot of silk bedding but I'm not keen. I love that colour tho, is that what you're thinking of getting?
yep, we have a sort of teal/grey theme running throughout the house...