Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

It’s our 3rd time too! Not been since 2015!
We are from north east Scotland, normally travel to Manchester as have family there, but for first time we have chose to fly from Glasgow next year but flights are now not travelling on the days we have booked so next decision will be to decrease the amount of nights we are going for, or fly from Inverness to London or drive to Manchester, need to wait until we are 331 days out which is next month 🧐

Edited at 10:15 AM.
Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Being in Fife have done the following routes:
GLA to MCO with VA
EDI - LGW - MCO BA
MAN - MCO VA
GLA - SFB TUI
EDI - DUB - Charlotte - MCO Ryanair/AA

Have been searching recently and came across EDI - PHL - MCO with AA.

Worse thing about flying from Manchester was the drive back. Now stay a night before driving back.
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We used to fly BA - EDI/GLA to LGW, LGW to MCO
Have used Icelandic Air too, GLA - REK - MCO

Never paid more then £450 for any those flights
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Always London as we're in the Highlands.

So INV-LGW or now LHR. Flying with BA means we can travel all in a single day with a single booking. Virgin meant flying with Easyjet the night before at and a hotel stay at the airport.

Travelling to Edinburgh or Glasgow to fly just ended up more expensive and more of a hassle due to flight times. Manchester is too expensive for us to get to also as it's only Loganair that fly there.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have done lots of different routes
2004 we flew direct with Thomas Cook
2010 we drove to Manchester and flew Thomas Cook
2014 we flew gla-man-mco with virgin
2016 we flew gla-lgw-mco with BA
2018 we flew Gla-Lgw- Mco out but Mco- Philly-Gla back with BA
2020 - were due to fly direct with Virgin
2021 - rescheduled flying Man to Mco with Virgin - gonna take train down to Man this time.

Virgin are flying direct next year but i believe they have changed the days and you cant now go 14 days direct with them from Glasgow
Old 8 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have done direct from Glasgow - but was at a premium cost

Have done EDI - LGW - MCO... but it was MCO - LGW_LHR- EDI on way back... got a steal of a price for £830 all in for family of 4 with seats and luggage in June / July... neeevvveeer again though as changing in London when that tired was bad...

Usually drive to Manchester and get direct
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

Moz - being from Aberdeen we always see the change of airport and are not up for it, so have gone Glasgow direct (didnt like the drive back) and via Manchester but no more flybe so that is not so good as you have to stump up for Logan Air

Currently Orlando also flying from Heathrow so looks good... but there is a 4 hour wait at Heathrow! my wife is up for it but I remember how tired we were waiting 90 minutes at Manchester for a flight! I kind of though at least you would get a nap on the bus!

I am seriously considering the KLM via AMS to Tampa and just heading to a nearby hotel when we land and up early the next day to drive up to Orlando.
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’m I. Aberdeen, but for about last 6 years have used Edinburgh via gatwick and onto Mco, my next two trips however are booked Aberdeen to Mco via Heathrow
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we’re not from Scotland but regularly have Scottish on flights from Dublin with the added bonus of clearing customs and arrive as if on a local flight.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for all the responses, looks like i really need to sit and go through all the available options. I was doing a dummy run for sept next year as i cant see october as yet (thats with BA) but it was a mishmash of different flights. I loved that we could fly Inverness to gatwick then on the MCO and they just took care of the luggage. Now im a single parent, although i intend on hiring a car im not sure if id want to do all that travelling then drive from Tampa to Orlando but ill look into it. Its going to be an adventure no matter what

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List