Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Oct 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 12 - DHS & Fireworks Cruise

The index is here.

Wednesday 7th August 2019

Today was one of the days we were all really looking forward to; the plan was to go to DHS where we had FPs for Star Tours, Toy Story Mania and Rock N Roller Coaster with ADR in Sci Fi Dine In. Tonight, we had booked a specialty cruise from Contemporary to watch the fireworks at MK.

We got up quite early, had breakfast at the villa and headed to DHS for rope drop at Tower of Terror. As much as we’d loved to do Slinky Dog again, there was no way we wouldn’t do Tower of Terror on this trip. Due to the refurbishment, queues were 120 mins + each time, so we thought we’d get to rope drop and hopefully get on it quickly.

We got on within about 10 mins but by this time the queue had grown to 120 mins again so that would be our first and final time on it, but we got to do it so more than happy.

DW looks delighted at getting the opportunity to ride it Obligatory photos of DDs in bellhop hats:

We had a FP for Rock N Roller Coaster later in the day, but there was very little queue so we went on; we all love that ride so much

I clearly haven’t got the hang of “we rock” Next the Little Mermaid show and then we went to the Star Wars character greeting where DD2 met BB8; it was a brilliant character meet and BB8 was very good.

And then she’s a wookie!

DW couldn’t wait until lunch so “had” to pick up a Pretzel and Cheese ($7 (£5.79)); then we headed off to Frozen Sing-Along.

It’s a fantastic show and with it being in an air-conditioned theatre, what’s not to love about it? DD2 and I went on Star Tours, this time it was the Last Jedi which was our first time experiencing it.

We then into One Man’s Dream and had a look around the historical pieces; it was really interesting and they had some mock-ups of Galaxy Edge.

Now time for lunch and our ADR in Sci-fi dine in; this will be our third time eating here as we’ve been on each visit; we love this place.

I had the Drive In BBQ Burger, DW had Cheese Steak sandwich, DD2 had Chicken Tenders with fries and DD1 had Classic American burger; we had 3 cokes and I had a water

Total with tip was $110 (£90.91); the food was ok, nothing special and I think that because we’ve seen it all before, this time it was just a meal more than an experience which is a real shame. Don’t get me wrong; if you haven’t done it before, do it because it’s fantastic but I think we’ll give it a miss on the next visit but go again on the one after that.

On the way back to the villa, we stopped for some Petrol and the girls wanted to have a look in Ulta beauty just in case they needed anything; well they needed $129.01 (£106.64) worth of things The rest of the afternoon was chilled before getting ready and heading to the Contemporary for the Specialty cruise.

On the last trip, we went on the Pirates and Pals voyage, which was really good and highly recommended. We wanted to do something similar this time but didn’t really know what. DW spotted the Fireworks Cruise; where you hire a boat with a Captain, taking you from the Contemporary going around the Seven Seas Lagoon before stopping in front of MK so you can watch the fireworks. The cost was $318 (£246) but that is for the boat which seats 8 people; so, if you are going as part of a larger group it’s not too bad; there’s also refreshments on board.

We got to the Contemporary slightly earlier so went to the Outer Rim for a quick beer. Have to say it again, we scrub up well

DW emailed Disney before we left and asked if they could put a banner or balloons on the boat as it was DD1’s 16th birthday.

The boat was fantastic and as you can see there is a lot of room. I know you pay for it but they way Disney does things is just brilliant.

DD2 enjoying her Mickey rice crispy treat

It was such a beautiful night and we went around Discovery Island and past the Polynesian and Grand Floridian; Becca the Skipper was really good, very engaged and full of knowledge. We did send in a cast compliment to thank her for a wonderful family experience.

It was nearing fireworks time, so we headed towards the front of MK; there were quite a lot of boats and the water was getting slightly choppy, but our Captain knew what she was doing and guided us to the best spot

Then it was time; the music was put through the boat so you could have the full experience

It really was fantastic; when the fireworks were over, we headed back but there was one more surprise….the Electric Parade

It’s wonderful to watch but just shows how far Disney have come along and more importantly I think the public’s expectations of what to watch. Soon we were back to the Contemporary.

Today was a really good, DHS is always fun especially Tower of Terror, but the highlight probably of the holiday (aside from Club Level) was the Fireworks Cruise. Yes, it is expensive but it’s really wonderful and the little Disney touches makes it so memorable.

Tomorrow is MK and then dinner at T-Rex in Disney Springs. Day 13 can be found here

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A brilliant day :spin good spot for the fireworks

Joan