Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Copper
Getting Excited

Insurance help for 2021?

So I took the plunge and booked a NY/Orlando split stay for end of June 2021 for my 40th birthday there are 5 of us 2 adults, 3 kids and we have booked flights, accommodation and car hire as a package with BA deposit only.
We have Disney tickets leftover so it would just be DC and UNI to book but I don't want to go ahead and book organise anything else without insurance.
I did a quick search on here and found staysure mentioned a few times I got a quote but before I paid I rang to check it would work for USA trip next year and they said no policy would be voided as against FCO advice right now they said if we came off the list and I booked and it went back on the list the policy would be voided again.

So who are you all using to book insurance with?
Copper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Copper View Post
So I took the plunge and booked a NY/Orlando split stay for end of June 2021 for my 40th birthday there are 5 of us 2 adults, 3 kids and we have booked flights, accommodation and car hire as a package with BA deposit only.
We have Disney tickets leftover so it would just be DC and UNI to book but I don't want to go ahead and book organise anything else without insurance.
I did a quick search on here and found staysure mentioned a few times I got a quote but before I paid I rang to check it would work for USA trip next year and they said no policy would be voided as against FCO advice right now they said if we came off the list and I booked and it went back on the list the policy would be voided again.

So who are you all using to book insurance with?
The only one I know of that will cover you if FCO advice is do not travel is Battleface.
But if the FCO travel advice is in, the airline should give you a refund.
But even if not, you’ve got the ability with BA to move the holiday to April 2022.
So basically you can shunt the holiday along to when I hope to God FCO do not travel Coronavirus advisories are a thing of the past.
I’ve got 2 BA holidays booked. A flight for next Easter- not confident but hopeful. DVC booking at Grand Floridian can be cancelled 30 days out. Hotel at Miami Beach can cancel to day before.
Flight to New Orleans and back from LA at summer. Will only book cancellable hotels.
If necessary will shunt these holidays onto December 2021 (when will be going anyway) and Easter 2022.
Old 25 Oct 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Copper
Getting Excited

Thanks for that thought this might be the case with moving the package but what about booking other things like DC or tickets its a lot to lose without insurance?
Copper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List