Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

This is a rubbish thread 😂

Disney332
Old 30 Oct 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Not without everyone see me do it. I’m going to stop commenting on my own thread. I’m coming across as the curtain twitching paranoid neighbour
Your not at all, what bother’s one wouldn’t bother another,
Old 30 Oct 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Their bin is sitting in the middle of the pavement. Its not outside their house. Outside their house is a pathway then about 20 yards of a grassy area then the pavement. Anyone with a pram has to go on the grass to pass it.

This happens every single week. It will be moved at the weekend normally. I wouldn't mind if it was someone who couldn't for a reason be able to move it but this is a household of 5 adults.
We were told by letter from our council to leave our bins on the top of the drive, so we dont obstruct the pavement for pedestrians etc etc. So every week the whole road does just that.

The bin men empty the bins and leave them all on the pavement after emptying.

The bin men must be exempt from causing an obstruction I guess.

Disney332
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Sellotape a piece of A4 paper on it with the words, “please take me home mummy, I’m lonely out here!“ do it at night when no one can see you.

I’d honestly make it lighthearted rather than confront them directly.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel like I’m that person but only because my neighbour is so quick to do it. He’s home all day at the moment and when I get home the night before bin day, they’re already out and when I come home, he’s put them away!
I am going to get him a nice present as I feel so bad!
OH is also home but his office is the other side of the house so he doesn’t notice the bin lorry and misses his opportunity. or so he tells me... 😉

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

It’s coming up for bonfire night. Not suggesting anything, just saying. 😂 Especially if it’s full of cardboard and paper recycling.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

As we are at work our neighbour normally pulls our bin up. I always appreciate it, and if I happen to have a day off will return the favour.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
The recycling van can’t get any further past our house and so they park outside our house, walk on and collect the recycling bins and leave them all on my drive. So much fun getting home from a 12 hour day and moving 5 recycling bins in the dark and pouring rain. Drives me up the wall. 😞
We live down a private road so the collection lorries won't come down here, everyone has to take their bins up to the top of the road and leave them all lined up to one side. On collection day the lorry would empty the bins then leave them all in the middle of the road road, blocking the exit and entrance to vehicles. I walked up one day and asked politely if they could possible leave them to one side as it was causing an obstruction otherwise, especially if an emergency vehicle ever needed access. I was met with a very irate response about how they didn't get paid enough to put them back where they found them and if I wanted them moved I would have to 'get off my @rse and do it myself'. Needless to say I didn't argue back but just rang the council to put in my request. It hasn't happened since.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

We have a neighbour on our cul de sac who does this and it is frustrating but on the other hand I’m grateful that their bin is going out. Our next door neighbour (likely detached) hasn’t put his bin out for over a year. He has takeaways every day but no rubbish ever leaves.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
We have a neighbour on our cul de sac who does this and it is frustrating but on the other hand I’m grateful that their bin is going out. Our next door neighbour (likely detached) hasn’t put his bin out for over a year. He has takeaways every day but no rubbish ever leaves.
Oooh must be one of those houses like you see on TV. I'm not easily shocked but I can never understand leaving easy rubbish like that everywhere.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List