Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 14, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Yay, I've been logging in 2 or 3 times a day for the last few days waiting for this. Well done Harriet!
She's gone off for a break and Ozzie is babysitting now
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
She's gone off for a break and Ozzie is babysitting now
It's lovely how they both share the family duties
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Romeo and Juliet on the NE Fla nest have chicks - eagles/Cams/FloridaNest.html - this nest is my personal favourite as the PTZ (pan, tilt and zoom) technology is by far and away the best live wildlife webcam I've seen. This can be viewed at night. One of R & J's chick hatched on my birthday, 25th December.

Ozzie and Harriet, the Fort Myers bald eagles, also have a chick in the nest. The first egg hatched earlier today. See the chick here dickpritchettrealestate/eagle-feed.html - you can view during the night hours with this webcam too.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 15, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Two nests, two chicks apiece... hopefully all 4 survive, grow and fledge. No doubt the sibling rivalry will soon be kicking off, they can get so vicious with each other!

Any other Dibbers addicted again this year?
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 15, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I only watch Harriet and Ozzie, glad to see the eaglets are doing well and there's not as much sibling rivalry as with E3 and E4 last year. I'm loving E5 and E6 they're just too cute .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I only watch Harriet and Ozzie, glad to see the eaglets are doing well and there's not as much sibling rivalry as with E3 and E4 last year. I'm loving E5 and E6 they're just too cute .
Hiya Rebel They are growing so fast... plenty of food going into those two nests.
Old 21 Jan 15, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

E5 dies in the night, heartbreaking
Old 21 Jan 15, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Can't believe the same thing has happened again... so sad
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Nice to see E6 doing so well he's getting really big but is still a cutie

Me and DH went here today gauntlet.info/index.html, it was really good, we saw the display and then looked around the aviaries at the birds, it was a nice way to spend an hour or two and then we went into Knutsford for a late lunch, we'll being going back again in the summer
Old 19 Mar 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Ozzie from the Fort Myers Dick Pritchett Ozzie and Harriet nest (dickpritchettrealestate/eagle-feed.html) has been found injured on the railtracks in Fort Myers. A full recovery is expected from a broken clavical (collarbone). Luckily their eaglet, E6, has fledged but is still close to the nest where, apparently, Harriet has stepped up her feeding cycles to ensure E6 continues to thrive - sadly E5 died a few weeks after hatching but this could be an advantage as Harriet need only concentrate on E6. Ozzie is in a rehab unit at Sanibel and will be released back into the wild when fully fit, apparently he will then find and rebond with Harriet.

Here is the latest on WINK news regarding Ozzie - winknews/2015/03/19/n...-eagle-rescue/