Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
STK Orlando - Disney Springs

We had a meal here last night on the Dining Plan. We are a party of 4 - 2 adults, DS 9 and DD 7. We've upgraded both the kids to adults on the dining plan.

We had an ADR for 8.15 but we got there about 1 hour early so asked if we could be seated and they gave us a table straight away. There is a DJ playing in the main room and it is quite loud but we loved it. The music was a mixture of old stuff with a funky beat - think Summer of 69 or an upgraded version of Wonderwall to give you an idea.

Food wise we really enjoyed. Bread came first which had a salty blue cheese topping with a dipping sauce. It was lovely.

DH, DD and myself all had the 10oz Filet Mignon which came with one sauce. You have to pay extra for sides so we had one creamed potato and one truffle fries. The steaks were beautiful and DH liked the potatoes. I loved the truffle fries but DD was not keen at all.

DS had the kids Mac and Cheese which was $10. He did not enjoy this at all I think because it was proper Mac and Cheese so a bit too full of flavour for him. Plus he'd had a few Sprites so was probably full.

Only myself and DD managed dessert. She had the Ice Cream sampler which was three mini cones in different flavours. She loved these.
I had the Orange Cheesecake which was absolutely beautiful.

The final bill with 20% tip was $75 - that included the two sides and payment for the kids meal. We also used 6 credits. It would have been $270 without the dining plan. Sorry no photos because I'm useless at taking food photos!

Edited at 11:05 PM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks for posting. Do you think it was worth 2 credit in comparison with Yachtsman Steakhouse?
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to review it is hard with new places to decide to take the plunge or not
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Good to hear you found it OK with kids, as the podcast reviews I've heard suggested it was a bit more of an adult/date night venue with the funky modern theming.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Would you say it's worth 2 credits? If we go we'd pay oop for the kids and use their credits for ours.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
Would you say it's worth 2 credits? If we go we'd pay oop for the kids and use their credits for ours.
I've done no analysis at all, but are any of the Signatures worth 2 credits if you just look at it from a 'price of food' perspective? My gut feel is that, on average, the cash price for a signature main + dessert is not double the cash price for a regular TS meal.

My view may be swayed by me being a veggie and my meals generally being cheaper.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Sorry didn't realise I'd quoted the wrong question - we love the 2 credit places so for us it was worth it. I felt I'd wasted my credits in Crystal Palace in comparison.

We also have two bookings for Yachtsman as it's one of our favourites. If it helps I would definitely go back to STK. It was a funky place and the food was comparable - for me the desserts were much better. The only hesitation I would have is the cost as you are paying for the sides so looking at a larger spend. Overall it was worth it though.

Edited at 03:36 PM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Good to hear you found it OK with kids, as the podcast reviews I've heard suggested it was a bit more of an adult/date night venue with the funky modern theming.
My daughter (7) thought it was amazing - she was dancing away in her seat. I thought it was very tastefully done and I didn't feel in any way out of place with the children.
Old 8 Aug 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Sorry didn't realise I'd quoted the wrong question - we love the 2 credit places so for us it was worth it. I felt I'd wasted my credits in Crystal Palace in comparison.

We also have two bookings for Yachtsman as it's one of our favourites. If it helps I would definitely go back to STK. It was a funky place and the food was comparable - for me the desserts were much better. The only hesitation I would have is the cost as you are paying for the sides so looking at a larger spend. Overall it was worth it though.
Sounds good! It's on our list. As is Morimoto but for lunch as then it's only 1 credit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Sounds good! It's on our list. As is Morimoto but for lunch as then it's only 1 credit.
I didn't realize that about Morimoto. Might give it a try at lunch. I'd booked it for dinner but cancelled it. Thanks!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR