Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Aug 16, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
cp30
A Guest at All-Stars

STK Disney Springs - Report

Hi all,

Busy enjoying our 3 week stay at POFQ.

Thought I'd report back on the positive and negative of a Signature restaurant that I've been looking forward to for a while, after the STK in London has been recommended to me many times, but not having the chance to visit.

First impressions were excellent, great atmosphere, music was really good and, while it did make me and DW think that it would be a place that we'd like to visit on our own on a night out, it wasn't too loud or overbearing for the kids (10+11) and they were made to feel perfectly welcome.

My only complaint is that we were seated upstairs and the waitress took our drinks order and then returned to explain the Ddp options. I was amazed to hear that for the 2TS credits I would only get a steak and no sides, literally just a lump of meat unless I paid extra. I really do think this is poor, I accept it's a lovely restaurant and the food was a level above others in disney (or a lot of other places for that matter) but that's why I'm using 2 credits, I expect a meal, and not half a meal.

I explained this to the sympathetic waitress who said she completely agreed but blamed disney, I asked to speak to a manager and a very friendly chap listened to my (frustrated, but polite) opinion and quickly agreed to 'take care' of the sides we ordered. A nice touch, but I don't think people should have to complain to get this.

Kids fancied the kids meals so we decided to pay OOP for their meals as just seems silly spending 2TS on a relatively cheap kids meal (that's another TS meal we need to find and fit in now to use the credits we saved!).

While we waited in the lounge bar downstairs to be seated (we were early) we'd seen some very nice bread being served. I asked my waitress as we didn't see this on the menu, she explained that they don't serve bread upstairs as it's baked downstairs and there are too many stairs, before I could even open my mouth (maybe my face said it all) she added, "but if you want it, I'll get you some". The bread was topped with a melted blue cheese and was excellent, we shared between three of us (DW can't eat bread) and there was enough but they actually brought a second by mistake, which we graciously accepted and demolished.

DW and I had 10oz filet (medium rare) and it was the 2nd best I've ever had, absolutely superb. Side of creamy yukon potato mash was very good, and DW had the asparagus which which was also very nice.

Kids enjoyed their mini cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets too.

For desert we all shared the ice cream sampler (3 mini cone ice creams) and caramelito bar, which was served with a candle and a chocolate happy birthday (I'd forgotten that I'd mentioned to the manager earlier in our 'discussion' that I'd been looking forward to spending my birthday at STK! Oops, was trying to keep that quiet), a nice touch, and would have been a nice surprise, if they hadn't delivered our deserts to the table next to us by mistake first! Quite a funny moment as we watched a bemused young girl wonder why her desert that she didn't order had happy birthday on it. Quite entertaining, and they got to keep their unordered deserts while we waited for fresh replacements.

Overall, I'd definitely recommended, just a shame if they can't change it up so that you can order a side as part of the ddp. We'll definitely be visiting the STK London, maybe without the kids next time, as we probably enjoyed the excellent dj's playlist a bit more than them.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edited at 10:59 PM.
cp30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The lack of sides included is why we haven't chosen this or The Boathouse this year. I just think it's shocking that a restaurant that costs that much makes you pay extra to have a full meal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Mmm it's on my list and we really want to go but I'm not happy about the sides issue either.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Boathouse is the same - seems to be the new thing. Annoying really, either it should be on DDP or not.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Hmm this was on our list for next visit. Might have put me off.
Surely it isn't any more expensive than the other signature restaurants where you do get your veggies or any better!
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yikes, two credits and no sides is terrible! The steak (and the bread!) sounds great but I don't think I'd use two credits on it if no sides were included.
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Think I will stick to the Yachtsman where you get bread and sides! My ribeye was amazing there, and oh, those onion rolls!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We enjoyed too. I can accept the sides thing through gritted teeth. On our second visit though DH wasn't allowed bottled water on the Dining Plan - for 2 credits I thought that was awful. Their tap water was the really awful stuff too - if it had tasted like the filtered water we wouldn't have been concerned. The manager refused to budge at all - ruined it a little so we cancelled our next reservation.

I did notice how empty it was so I think they're going to have to improve their Dining Plan offerings to up the reservations.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List