Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Aug 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post

kids club for a 12 year old do they want to go

i am going on holiday with my daughter who will be 12 years old at the time, Kids clubs are usually associated with the younger kids ,what have parents found with their own kids of this age group , i have a open mind on it ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

None of mine have been interested in going to holiday kids clubs by that age. But I guess it depends on the child and also whether they have made friends with others who are going.
Old 16 Aug 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son is almost 15 and on cruises spends most of his time in the teen clubs. To be fair after they have made friends they tend to just hang around in groups and use the club as a meeting place.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Edge, on DCL is an amazing space and the counsellors do a fair on brilliant job of managing the teens (and almost teens).

There are games, activities, computers, art stuff, they play sport, make smoothies and all kinds of cool stuff.

Make sure she goes along on the first day as that's the day friendships are formed with ease. The counsellors are excellent at getting everyone involved (if they want to be).

The clubs on DCL are unlike any holiday childrens club I have ever experienced.
Old 21 Aug 16, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We left the Dream on Fri(&#128549. First time cruisers. It was totally unbelievable. I have 2 DDs 14 and one who is 12 in Nov. Both loved The Edge. The counsellors were brilliant. Lots of new friends made and late nights had. A highlight of our holiday was listening to their adventures!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
We left the Dream on Fri(&#128549. First time cruisers. It was totally unbelievable. I have 2 DDs 14 and one who is 12 in Nov. Both loved The Edge. The counsellors were brilliant. Lots of new friends made and late nights had. A highlight of our holiday was listening to their adventures!
Thank you for coming back to let us know, it's always good to hear positive stories.
It's difficult to convey just how much fun children and teens can have on the cruise, so your post will really help.
Old 22 Aug 16, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for that so i gather once i get onto the dream i find out the time the EDGE has its first meeting get my daughter to, go and see how she likes it. would this normally take place after the departure party but before the 1st evening meal sitting, or is it just a case of turning up when ever she wants on the 1st day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
thanks for that so i gather once i get onto the dream i find out the time the EDGE has its first meeting get my daughter to, go and see how she likes it. would this normally take place after the departure party but before the 1st evening meal sitting, or is it just a case of turning up when ever she wants on the 1st day
All youth activity areas are Open House on embarkation day. I would definitely encourage her to go on that first day and the second. On the first day, you can pop in too if you want.
Your Navigator will give you more info, but basically as soon as you get onboard, she can go in!
Old 2 Sep 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BeeBerry
Proud to wear my Ears

Cruises are literally the only holiday our teens really enjoy because of the teen clubs, especially as they are not sporty kids who just enjoy playing football etc. We have one kid in the 15-17 year club and the other with the 12-14 year olds. All the mainstream cruiselines have teen clubs. Ours have thoroughly enjoyed RCI and Carnival clubs, they have a massive room for them with video games, jukebox, computers, dance floor etc and hold prom's, parties, games, quizzes, scavenger hunts, to name a few. Then once they've made friends they just seem to hang around together. We barely see them!

Edited at 03:09 PM.
BeeBerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread