Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What to wear - P&O

OK

So I am packing tomorrow for our cruise as we leave on Friday.

We are on the Arcadia to the Fjords.

We have our 2 formal nights sorted but I am wondering how people usually "dress" for dinner in the formal restaurants.

Do people "dress up" - I mean dress and heels or is it more jeans and a nice top?

Just a minor panic going on!

On top of everything from shorts to hats and gloves!

Katie x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

P & O dress code:

ask.pocruises/help/PO/li...ard/dress_code
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
P & O dress code:

ask.pocruises/help/PO/li...ard/dress_code
Thanks Geoffa - I just wondered how "dressy" was "dressy" - its a girl thing!

I have all my Karen Millen dresses lined up for non black tie evenings but I was wondering if the ladies dress more casually than heels and frocks!

The guide says "Stylish resort or leisurewear" - what the heck is that suppose to mean in plain english:gig:

Katie x x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We haven't sailed on P&O but on our cruises on the non formal nights my wife dressed in smart casual clothes, such as a skirt with a nice top or 3 quarter pants with a nice t shirt. There were plenty of women wearing jeans and a casual top.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

If you intend to eat in the restaurant, then I would say probably not jeans for women , tho men (& certainly teenagers ) could wear v smart ones. Top & trousers is fine, Karen Millen dresses will be perfect ! However, you can be a bit more casual than this. There is a real range going on - Dad is always in a jacket, hubby in smart jeans/shirt. I wear knee length summery dresses.

On a 7 day cruise P&O used to have 2 formal (ie black tie), 2 informal (mens jacket required) and the rest 'cruise casual'. They have now dropped the informal so you get 5 casual in a week. The first and last night's are always casual. Not sure if they still do it, as lots of people just go black tie, but one of the formals used to be a 'black & white' evening & ladies would wear black and/or white. As I can't remember, I suspect that may not happen now, or if it does, it's not strict.

Buffet dining is always wear whatever you want

Edited at 04:41 AM.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks meeboo and stecee.

How stressful is picking what to bring when you can bring it all 😂😂😂.

I have all my KM dresses, plus amazing jeans & lovely tops and heels so hopefully all avenues are covered.

Currently at the PI in Southampton for 2 nights. Off to Portsmouth to see all the Mary Rose exhibition today.

Katie X X X
Old 3 Sep 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread