Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile You were right!

Had another better look playing around with all the options and instead of a family deluxe verandah room we can for £50 more get 2 connecting inside cabins midway on deck 9 or for just under £200 more get 2 connecting ocean view rooms on deck 8 but right at the front. I imagine these rooms would have a fab view but are they noisy? Also my daughter tends to get car sick and I had terrible pregnancy sickness which I know can be linked so would motion sickness be worse right at the front of the shop? There are some OV on deck 2 but none of the rooms seem to be interconnecting.
Sorry for the dozens of questions I put up this week!
Old 16 Sep 16, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

I did think an inside cabin might be claustrophobic but realised we disnt really have nets open at our hotel in Miami but we did have natural light so I don't know if that's an issue in these cabins.
Old 17 Sep 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I can't comment on the cabins next year will be our first big family cruise, we've got an inside on that.

In respect the sickness, I also had bad pregnancy motion sickness and have a very car sick dd, both of us have been fine we've done 1 in Europe and 2 Transatlantics now. Dd wore her seabands first cruise but doesn't bother now.

You'll have a wonderful time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I suffer from motion sickness and would never entertain an inside cabin. If you feel a bit dodgy the best thing to do is look at the horizon line and even better, do this from outside. We've cruised twice and would only ever consider a balcony cabin for this very reason. It's good to have natural light and even better to have fresh air.

As for the position on the ship, there is considerably less movement in the middle and the lower down you are, that's why main dining rooms are generally in the middle low down.

We travelled with my in laws who had a suite at the very back and we had a room in the middle, we could not believe we were on the same ship! The movement in the middle was much less and we were in b deck (P&O Britannia) so quite high up.

It depends how much you want the extra space.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
I suffer from motion sickness and would never entertain an inside cabin. If you feel a bit dodgy the best thing to do is look at the horizon line and even better, do this from outside. We've cruised twice and would only ever consider a balcony cabin for this very reason. It's good to have natural light and even better to have fresh air.
See now I'm completely the opposite! Seeing the water makes me feel queasy. I like fresh air when I feel sick but not being able to see the water helps somehow. I guess I'm just an odd one.
Old 6 Oct 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Had another better look playing around with all the options and instead of a family deluxe verandah room we can for £50 more get 2 connecting inside cabins midway on deck 9 or for just under £200 more get 2 connecting ocean view rooms on deck 8 but right at the front. I imagine these rooms would have a fab view but are they noisy? Also my daughter tends to get car sick and I had terrible pregnancy sickness which I know can be linked so would motion sickness be worse right at the front of the shop? There are some OV on deck 2 but none of the rooms seem to be interconnecting.
Sorry for the dozens of questions I put up this week!
Glad you sorted out 2 cabins.
Most people who suffer from motion sickness do not get sea sick on cruise ships. I say most, it's most people I have helped on this forum or spoken to. They are very different from a car or a ferry and normally sea bands or a quick tablet will ease any discomfort.
I would personally go for 2 connecting inside rooms. If you need the fresh air and view of the sea, go and sit on deck 4 in one of the steamer chairs .. more comfortable than any chair in any cabin!
Old 6 Oct 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread