Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Oct 16, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Disney 3 day Cruise

Thinking maybe of doing the three night cruise in 2018. Has anyone got any idea, how much it would cost me. I'm not keen on boats, motion sickness, but DS 21st and he would love this. He is also a wheelchair user, so any help and tips please. I want to stay on site at POFQ, so when do I fit this into my holiday plans. Any help for a complete novice.
Old 29 Oct 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
If you have a look on the Disney cruise line website you can price cruises upto April / May 2018. If your dates are after May 2018, have a look at 2017 prices to get an idea.
DCL do have accessible staterooms, so it may be an idea to give DCL a call and ask which type of rooms may fit your needs.
If you have a read through the sticky at the top of this forum there is lots of info there. Disney cruise line blog are also a good source of information.
As for when to travel during your holiday I think it comes down to personal choice. We had 8 nights at OKW, 4 nights on the Dream and then 2 nights at AoA before coming home. This was ideal for us as our holiday wasn't over as soon as the cruise was! Be aware that on the morning that you debark you are off the ship very early, usually by 9am at the latest. That was another reason for returning to the resort for a couple of nights otherwise we would have been hanging around MCO for hours ( we don't hire a car there).
The only other thing I would add is, if you possibly can, try and do the 4 night cruise. Having that extra day will allow you to explore the ship a bit more.

HTH, any more questions just shout

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We once did the three night after just one night at AKL. To be honest I wouldn't do that again, our bodies hadn't yet adjusted to the time difference and we were tired at dinner and the shows, both of which are so lovely and a big part of the cruise. I'd definitely have a couple more nights local time to adjust before sailing. We have sailed and flown home the day that we disembarked. We hired a car for the day (about £40 I think) and poodled around shopping/Disney springs/food then out to the airport. It worked very well for us for last minute shopping etc.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread