Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Nov 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I was just thinking your DD looks familiar then I realised we were on the same Photo-share!

This is bringing back lovely memories
Ah the photo share, I still find the odd strangers photo's in my holiday folders.

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Really enjoying your report. x
thanks

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
Great report so far.
Got to agree re CRT - service awful and food less than average! But worth it for the experience.
I think everyone says the same, its a shame really it should be so much more.

Originally Posted by bogtrottin View Post
Really enjoying this. Your daughter looks like she had a wonderful birthday!
She is very lucky doing all the thing I could only dream of as a child.

Originally Posted by shalligan64 View Post
just finished reading, cant wait for the rest.

phoebe is so cute
aw thanks.

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Loving reading along those pizzas at via Napoli are huge!
I could eat one right now!

Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Great so far - we ate at Via Napoli for the first time and had similar feelings, great meal and thought those zeppolies were average, like donuts but was expecting something a bit 'fancier' for $10
I think was hoping for so much more, maybe I had built it up too much in my head, sometimes I think reading too many trip reports helps.

Originally Posted by donna1974 View Post
Following x
Thanks

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
All looks great, hope to see more
Thanks coming soon - I really don't know where the time has gone.
Old 5 Nov 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Sorry about the delay, I really don't know where the time goes.

Today was an epic fail on the picture front I afraid. We decided to go and scrape our knees further at Typhoon lagoon (the mark is still there after 14months) we had cereals/bagels in the room for breakfast and lunch was curtesy of Leaning Palms we shared 2 counter options of burger & fries and nuggets & fries (sorry no pics) this came to $21.07 drink was just iced water.

The afternoon saw us split up Tony was off playing golf at the Lake Buena Vista course the green fee and club hire was $82.01. He drove their, however, I have since discovered that if you are a resort guest they will provide a taxi FOC to your chosen golf course.

Phoebe and I were off to magic kingdom it was HOT so we cooled off with one of these, in ice cream cookie sandwich, we selected birthday cake. This was $5.64 and was easily enough for the two of us the cookies were huge. As it was so hot it melted quickly and whilst we enjoyed it, I'm not sure I'd get another the cookies were a little too hard for my liking.

and because we hadn't had enough sugar we later got one of these from Big Top Souvenir's it was marshmallows topped with peanut butter, milk and white chocolate chips and it was relish. $5.32

Look at her sweaty face, it was hot and sticky today.

Dinner was thanks to Goods to Go, BBQ port pitta, Cheeseburger and Fries and Chicken Nuggets and fries $27.76 sorry no pics we ate them pool side.

August 22nd - Animal Kingdom

Breakfast was the usual cereal/bagel affair in the room.

Our trip to AK was pretty useless it was steaming hot very busy and we got soaked on Kali River Rapids and we didn't dry out at all we just steamed so after a very short visit we left and went to Altamonte Mall.

were we shared a Mandarin Express, we had 2x 2 item meals and two drinks $18.05 it was actually really nice and we all really enjoyed it.

no idea what we ate though :rem:

We decided dinner was to be from Disney Springs and as we had no ADR we would just go with the flow. We chose Paradiso 37 and what a choice that was we all thoroughly enjoyed our food here so much so we were ploughing through them before I remembered to take a picture.

We had a pitcher of Bud $17.99, Phoebe had kids chicken taco's $7.99, I had Steak House Salad $18.99, DH had Caesar Salad $15.99 and we ordered a side of Truffle Fries $4.99 total with Tax was $73.43

My Steak Salad was lovely the dressing was citrus and just worked so well, I pretty much inhaled it.

DD rated her taco's as well she pretty much polished them off.

DH also rated his salad as well.

Truffle Fries

We were to full for dessert so decided to waddle round to Goofy's Candy Store to have a crispy treat made.

DD chose M&M's with milk chocolate I chose milk chic, peanut butter chips and white chic drizzle. These were as you'd expect sweet and large they cost $11.70 for both.
DD's

Mine

We ate them over a number of days.
Old 5 Nov 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

23rd August

Breakfast today was IHOP, my first ever visit thanks to the Dibb I also had my voucher for a free Rooty Tooty which DD had with the Apples on the side. We also had a Split Decision and Sampler Breakfast along with Coffee and Juice. It was all really nice and cost $27.74

Split Decision

Sampler

Rooty tooty
As you can tell by DD's grin she was looking forward to this and polished off all the pancakes, DH and I ate the apples they were really nice.

We did venture to the outlets today and stopped off at Auntie Annes - now I might get shot down in flames but I much prefer these pretzels to the Disney ones. Sorry no pictures but we shared a cinnamon and original with a cheese and sweet dip along with a couple of soda's total $13.24

Dinner tonight was another Dibb favourite Lone Star at Vineland no appetisers I had a strawberry lemonade which was really nice and refreshing, DH had Bud and DD soda. Both DH and I got 12oz NY Strip, DD had chicken tenders.

Bread basket - easily polished off between the three of us.

My Strawberry Lemo

DH chose iceberg wedge

DD's Chicken

My Steak, just needed a little sauce or something

DH's Steak - again his was a little dry as he didn't order any sides.

Overall we did enjoy our food the meat was really tasty and cost $58.31 - we also used a $5 off voucher for signing up to there online club.
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks fab so far
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Looks fab so far
Thanks, I will finish it
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

24th August

We started off with the usual breakfast in the room and headed off to AK

Where we had a now extinct cheese stuffed pretzel, it was ok Auntie Annes are nicer.

It was boiling again so we left in favour of an early tea at Cheesecake Factory - this was after DD shelled out nearly $500 buying an iPad in Apple.

I've never been to CF before and I can see why everyone loves it as the food was delicious.

I had a Strawberry lemonade to drink, DH had a Blue Moon and DD had a soda.

DD had chicken sliders, DH had to help her out with this.

DH had Pork Chops, with mash and apple sauce, this was really nice.

I had the Dibb favourite of chicken Madeira, which lovely so much so I ate it all

Too full for cheesecake bill was $68.87

We had a walk round the Mall and then decided we would call back in CF for cheesecake to go, so we had:-

Red Velvet

Oreo Dream

Craigs Carrot

They were all $7.95 a slice and I think my favourite one was the Oreo or maybe the Red Velvet think I need to try them again just to confirm.
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
OMG that cheesecake looks so amazing. I definitely need to make it to the cheesecake factory this year. x
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

25th August

Today we had the morning at MK so for breakfast it was this delight, we got a couple to share. It was nice but I would have preferred the waffle to be a little more crisp. $6.69 each.

This afternoon DH was going off to play golf at Falcons Fire so DD and I went shopping at Lake Buena Vista Outlet - it was pretty rubbish TBH. Lunch was just bagels in the room.

Dinner tonight was another new one for us Friendly's - no idea what it was like just knew it got decent reviews on the Dibb. We went to the one on i drive.

I had a butter pecan milkshake, which was gorgeous it was full of nuts most of which wouldn't go up the straw.

DD had an Oreo version which resembled something off I'm a celeb tasted ok though

DH has soda

I had a Honey BBQ Burger which I really enjoyed, it was hot and tasty.

DH had fish and chips - OMG it could have fed all of us it was huge.

DD had the usual chicken strips, she didnt like the honey mustard sauce though.

Total was $28 as we had a discount voucher for 25%, service was very good so we left a very healthy tip. there was also a coupon on the voucher for $5 off your next visit if you filled in a survey.

No dessert - we had cheesecake
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

26/27th August

Epic fail for the 26th totally forgot with the pictures - we went to Maggiano's. Love this place we shared a garlic bread, caesar and lasagne, DD had spaghetti and meatball with drinks the bill was $38 (we used a $10 off coupon)

27th August

We went to HS were had more Carrot cake cookies at the writers stop - this place was such a haven.

Yum

Dinner was Flippers pizza, we couldn't be bothered with getting changed and Goods to Go menu is pretty limited so we drove the short distance to the Crossroads branch

We got a large thin crust half Philly Cheesesteak and Half BBQ chicken - chicken was nicer.

we also got a side of breadsticks

Really nice

and a side of Caesar

Total was $31.07, cheap and we were all stuffed.
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

28th August

Today was our last full Disney day and we had a full on day planned at MK with ADR's at BOG and The Plaza. The day didnt actually go to plan due to bed bugs.

BOG

We pre-ordered but it still seemed to take an age to get in and out of the heat.

DD decided to sit in the west wing so apologies for the very dark photo's

Both DH and I had the turkey sandwich, which we both enjoyed.

we could have easily shared this or just ordered two of these between the 3 of us.

DD also had the kids version which was ok - she preferred ours.

I also ordered a Grey Stuff and Strawberry CC to share between us.

These are just meh, I've tried the grey stuff not sure I think it's delicious though.

we just had fountain drinks. Total was $48.81

The front desk at OKW contacted us to say they had discovered Bed Bugs in my bed but they were dead but we had to return to the resort so they could take every piece of clothing we had to wash - including suitcases. We were also moved to a two bed villa for the night - jeez these are big. They gave us some cash to buy clothes, cancelled our ADR at The Plaza and gave us a ton of fast passes for any ride. So we returned to MK to make the most of our last day, we tried our best to use up the FP's but we were too tired and admitted defeat - Dinner was on the go a jacket spud, no idea why the photo is so blurry. This was a bit rubbish and not the end to our disney experience we were expecting.