Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile anywhere other than canaries/med on a bit of a budget

We have around £2500-3000(max) to spend.
(We have a ski trip booked for the end of Feb -deposit is paid but DH seems to not really want to go ) and a Caribbean cruise booked in Jan 18.

Looks like he'd rather go on a cruise as we loved the Fjords soo much.

I really don't fancy Europe or the Canaries but we can get 12 nights for under £2500 to Europe but I'd rather Northern Cape! But I know it's too expensive :-(

I am supposed to be running Brighton Marathon on 9April so need to be home by early March or go afterwards.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Katie x x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Here's my starter for ten:
17 night package leaving UK 8 Feb
Fly to Hong Kong, 2 night hotel stay.
14 night cruise on the Celebrity Millenium (HK to Singapore via Vietnam and Thailand)
Inside cabin £1190pp
Includes flights, hotel stay in HK - also a drinks package if booking an outside cabin or above.
Available through Cruise Nation
We did a very similar itinerary in 2015 and enjoyed it so much we start another next week.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Here's my starter for ten:
17 night package leaving UK 8 Feb
Fly to Hong Kong, 2 night hotel stay.
14 night cruise on the Celebrity Millenium (HK to Singapore via Vietnam and Thailand)
Inside cabin £1190pp
Includes flights, hotel stay in HK - also a drinks package if booking an outside cabin or above.
Available through Cruise Nation
We did a very similar itinerary in 2015 and enjoyed it so much we start another next week.
That is a great deal - although id need an outside cabin!

Not looked at Cruise Nation - are they any good?

That far east cruise is much more what I'm looking for

Katie x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
That is a great deal - although id need an outside cabin!

Not looked at Cruise Nation - are they any good?

That far east cruise is much more what I'm looking for

Katie x
We usually book everything independently but this summer they had a great deal on a Med cruise - we didn't have any problems with them.
If you decide to do the Far East cruise let me know - we have some tour guide recommendations for the the ports - again, we don't do ship trips and we had some fantastic guides last time. We board the ship on Thursday and after that internet connection will be patchy.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
We usually book everything independently but this summer they had a great deal on a Med cruise - we didn't have any problems with them.
If you decide to do the Far East cruise let me know - we have some tour guide recommendations for the the ports - again, we don't do ship trips and we had some fantastic guides last time. We board the ship on Thursday and after that internet connection will be patchy.
Hi Thank you for your offer.

DH says its just too expensive ATM - £4k for an oceanview Plus we had 2.5 weeks in Thailand in April

However after a day of exhausting research I have seen a Princess Cruise from Southampton, Shetland, Icleand, Canada and New York.

I called Cruise Nation but they dont have it as a package yet - and probably wont until after xmas - however lots of the cabins are shown as fully booked already so Im not sure id want to wait that long.

BTW - Cruise nation - what great offers! Thanks for the heads up.

Have you any advice on Princess? Any thing I need to be aware of?
Thanks

Katie x x
Old 7 Nov 16, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Hi. I've just replied to your other thread before I saw this! We've sailed on six different cruise lines but Princess and Holland America are favourites - the ships, ambiance, food and service are right for us. Cruising for us is mainly about the itinerary we like to visit new and interesting places with a bit of luxury thrown in! It's great to go back to the sanctuary of the ship after a long hot day of sightseeing.
Princess has one of the best cruise line loyalty schemes with discounts on speciality restaurants and on board purchases, free in room mini bar set up, free laundry, free internet, etc.
We opt for anytime dining because we never know what time we're ready to eat and we can then decide on sharing a table or a table for two - or if we're really feeling unsociable after a long day, go to the buffet.
Anyway, enough rambling - the transatlantic via Iceland looks fab!

Edited at 01:01 AM.
Closed Thread