Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Dec 02, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Things to do outside of Disney?

Hello guys,

Thank you for the posts, I am even more excited. My daugher is 11 years old and we have planned to go to Disney a few times but with my husband's job, it is very hard to plan.:sad: Well, he told me that he would be off for 3 weeks so I said,"We're going to to see Mickey! " We are staying at "Lifetime of Vacations at Grand Lake Resort". It is a time share that we don't own, but are getting a great deal on it for one week. Dec 21-28._ Has anyone stayed there? How was it?

Well, I am TRYING to keep the trip a secret from my daughter, though my husband, almost let the cat out of the bag . I shouldn't have told him either). My daughter thinks she is going to see our relatives. My nephew just had a baby girl in August, so she is excited to see it. Actually we will go to see it after we leave Florida. This is how I have her packing, but she doesn't know everything . I have her rolling her pennies as well because, " You never know, you might want to buy something really special."

I am posting because I don't want us to waste one minute there._ We will arrive there Sat around 4pm, and I thought I would use that evening to grocery shop. I know we will not be able do anything that evening at the parks. I did not want to waste Sunday as well. I think we will do AK Sunday and go_back another day if we need too.

What are some things we can do with an 11 year old the hours we are not at the park?

Thank you all,

Micki

5 more days and Micki will see
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 02, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Just read your other thread too.

We tend to do the parks from the time they open until they close. In the evenings when the parks shut earlier, we tend to eat outside the parks. Then go to a few shops or back to the hotel for a swim in the pool (They are all heated and stay open until midnight)

Downtown Disney (The Disney Market place) is also open late. This has good atmosphere and good places to eat and shop.

Also you could visit Disney Quest if your DD is into electronic games etc.

I am sure that you will find plenty to do.

Back to the AK question. Ignore most of Dinoland if you are short of time but do the DINOSAUR ride as it's fantastic.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 02, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
hi Micki, welcome to the DIBB
How exciting for you all, especially your daughter! Bet you can't wait

Are you doing Universal at all? Or the water parks? We were there this time last Christmas and were able to do a water park as it was so warm, dont know what the weathers doing this year though.

My daughter loved Disney Quest, and lots of shopping, especially Florida Mall If you're only there 7 days are you sticking mainly to Disney?

Have fun!
Old 18 Dec 02, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Just to add ...

There's "WonderWorks" (Never been here, but hear it's quite good as you can interact with everything)

There's also "Ripley's Believe It or Not" which we've also never been to, but it's supposed to be filled with things that you either believe or don't believe (such as the world's strongest man, or the world's largest snowman )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 02, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread