Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 13, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Cruise decided, but one last question about cruises on hold...

I put some staterooms on the Magic on hold late on Thursday 14th Feb, I think about 11:30pm GMT (so about 6:30pm EST). I did this myself on the DCL site and have a reservation number, but the hold will expire sometime today as I am not going to pay for them today.

When will the hold expire? Is it 72hrs after I made it, or is it end of the business day on 17th Feb, and would that be GMT or EST?

I want to pay my deposit tomorrow via Nicole at ToaD, she has placed a courtesy hold for me already as our emails crossed, but the staterooms I have managed to hold are the ones we want aft on Deck 7 near the secret deck and reclassified bargain staterooms.

I am worried that once my hold is released someone else might snap them up before I pay my deposit. I can't pay my deposit tonight as the money won't be in my bank account until tomorrow.

Should I log back on and try to get the staterooms back first thing in the morning and if I do, can I then transfer the booking to ToaD? I know there are some rules about transferring to a TA, but I am not sure if this applies when they are just on hold and not confirmed. I think I need to make the reservation in $ to do this, but also not worked out how to change the currency from £ on the DCL site.

Alternatively, since the US will still be in bed will I be safe to wait until Nicole is back in tomorrow and get her to reserve them again asap?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 13, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I knew it was too good to be true when you said you'd made a decision!

In answer to your question, there is no correct answer .. who knows if someone will try to get those staterooms just before you get them back and pay .. nobody cna answer that

To be on the safe side and, if they are the only cabins you are willing to have, then wake yourself up at death o'clock and rebook them on a hold.
I believe it's a 72 hour hold rather than working hours.

Good luck
Old 17 Feb 13, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

It's alright after all, the other night while I sat up tending a very sick baby I misread a review and reserved the wrong staterooms!
One was 7620 (secret verandah) and the other 7622 (navigator), but the review I read that they were connecting was actually for the Dream not the Magic
I was so excited as those 2 staterooms came in at a few pounds less than 1 4E for us all, with lots more space, but they are no good if they don't connect so I can let my reservation go anyway.

It seems the lowest category that has connecting staterooms with a verandah is 5C, so trying to decide whether to go back to 2 x Cat9 or spend the extra and have 2 x Cat5c...

And I thought it was sorted
Old 18 Feb 13, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

so if i'm right in thinking that you have decided on the magic

you will only find 2 sets of connecting cat 7a's on this ship these are on deck 6 and are rooms 6140 & 6142 and 6640 & 6642

we are in 6140 and 6142 for the wbta and it should be cheaper than cat 5C's
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
so if i'm right in thinking that you have decided on the magic

you will only find 2 sets of connecting cat 7a's on this ship these are on deck 6 and are rooms 6140 & 6142 and 6640 & 6642

we are in 6140 and 6142 for the wbta and it should be cheaper than cat 5C's
You are right Marie, we are doing the 5nt on the Magic. Since I posted this it's changed again, not the cruise, the staterooms

Nicole at ToaD has booked us into 6640+6642 which are connecting 7As. However, after reading so many stateroom reviews etc I'd got ships mixed up and thought you could unlock verandah gates and join the verandah, but that's only on the new ships. With our kids being much younger I don't want them having access to a completely separate verandah. There has been a suggestion that after the refit it's possible they might change it so that you can unlock verandah gates on the Magic, in which case it would be worth going up to the 2 x Cat 5C as that gives me the exact configuration I want.
However, since noone knows if this will happen, it's now put me back to thinking do I book 1xCat4E, but I really don't fancy being all in one stateroom, I know people manage it, but I would prefer the extra space (more to do with not having to walk past sleeping kids to get on/off the balcony and not wanting 3 kids walking past us to get to/from bathroom. So now I'm wondering about 2xCat9a forward starboard on Deck 6 or 7, which is the cheapest option and leaves more money for treats onboard, like the spa etc. But I had just started to really look forward to the idea of having a private verandah, so got to decide what is most important to us.
But if they do change it so you can connect the verandahs on the 5Cs and I let them go I'll be kicking myself , by the time we know after the refit later this year, the prices will have gone up quite a bit (based on how much the same staterooms are priced at now for Nov 13, 2 x Cat9a for Nov13 costs the same as 2 x 5C in Nov 14).

I just don't know what to do, looks like we're back to 2 bookings, I'll book the 5Cs now and next month book the 9As, then after the refit decide which we want, that's if I can have 2 bookings on the same cruise.

Edited at 03:36 PM.
Old 18 Feb 13, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread