Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 02, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mall of Millenia

A quick report on this new shopping mall for those interested... (that'd be you then Shelley!)

We were surprised how far out from the centre of Orlando it is, it took a good 40 minutes or so by cab from Disney, we thought we'd been kidnapped at one point!

When you first see it from the outside it looks amazing (once you figure out where the entrance to the car park is! ). The car park looked packed, although not as busy as reported on the opening few days when the roads were blocked for miles!

Once inside, the entrance part is quite stunning and the layout is nice and easy so you can work your way up one side and down the other, then do the same on the next floor...yes there are 2 floors!

The restaurants and food court are good. We went to Johnny Rockets, a favourite from Pointe Orlando. The staff there are fun, especially if 'Night Fever' is played on the juke box... gotta love that dancing! Try the shakes there...mmmmmmmm

...And the shopping? well, we were a bit disappointed actually. Its really mostly designer shops and department stores. I liked Macys and would have liked more time to look round. I had a look in Jimmy Choos, I'm a sucker for shoes! I loved the diamonds in the cartier and Tiffany shops (yes I know I've just got my ring! ), there were loads of bags and shoe shops, a big Gap shop, a great shop called XXI which had some real bargain clothes that were a bit different... but personally, and its only our opinion of course, we preferred Florida Mall!

It was good to look around it, but I don't think I'd rush back!

I'd like to hear what others thought when they get back too...
Old 30 Oct 02, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Thanks Mandy,

From the web site it looked so far away and mainly full of "Designer" shops which doesn't really interest us.

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 02, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the mini report - sounds like a place for exclusive shops rather than bargains. I loved Macy's in New York when I went there many years ago. I think I would still like to go, but maybe do more window shopping than buying.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 02, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the report Mandy

Sounds like it would be nice for lots of window shopping...unless we had a lottery win beforehand
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 02, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the report Mandy Did they have a Bloomingdales? As this is one of my favourite shops in NYC and I can spend hours and dollars looking around the make-up counters.

I think it will most probably be a place we would go to once and then not really bother, but I might be hard pressed not to walk out of Jimmy Choos without a pair and whilst on holiday it would only be right that Gary bought me them

We went to Tiffany's in NYC a couple of years ago and Gary bought me a silver Tiffany heart, to be honest I was more pleased with the packaging.

Helen
Old 31 Oct 02, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
lol about the Tiffany packaging Hellie! I know just what you mean! Yes, they did have a Bloomingdales, so enjoy!
Old 31 Oct 02, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
LOL about the tiffany's packaging - we got given 2 gifts from Tiffany's when we were married - a vase and some wine glasses, I've no idea where either are right now - but I can tell you the exact location of both boxes (under the bed with wedding cards in them!)

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 02, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the report Mandy

jj...
Old 2 Nov 02, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I agree with you Mandy, worth a visit just to say you've been I guess, but I wont be going again. A bit too up market for us
Old 6 Nov 02, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I liked it, it was great to see some really upmarket shops. However they are not all expensive! Crate & Barrel were selling some beautiful christmas decorations for under a dollar each plus some wonderful baking stuff!
I liked it and would return! I guess you just have to search around a bit. JMHO

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread