Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
had standard suv with Alamo last sept/oct got a jeep compass only 2000miles. very easy to drive and a lot of space, granted only 2 of us. Its the luck of the draw depending on how popular the time of year is will depend on whats available
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
had standard suv with Alamo last sept/oct got a jeep compass only 2000miles. very easy to drive and a lot of space, granted only 2 of us. Its the luck of the draw depending on how popular the time of year is will depend on whats available
This is what I meant earlier when i said about them mixing their lines.

Did you actually pay for a standard? As a Compass is an intermediate.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

I'll be taking the biggest one that I can find that isn't like a tank. Eyes on a Ford Edge or Santa Fe or Grand Cherokee.

Edited at 02:30 PM. Reason: Hadn't finished typing
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mine was - 'Midsize SUV, Toyota RAV4 or similar 5-Door/Automatic/Air' cost £278 for 2 weeks. From what i recall, they had a number of Jeep Compass on my row and as I had skip the counter etc I shouted to one of the attendants and they said pick anything on this row. If they had been parked on the wrong row would the people in the booth before you drive out not notice?
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

They know exactly where they park each one and tag with their tablets or eguns that they carry. It may be that they have little or no mid sizes in stock, so they will fill the row with bigger sizes. When you go to the exit and they ping the barcode on the car, the rep sees on the screen where it has come from, and the document is printed.
On the top right of the doc it is printed along the lines of

Vehicle booked: mid size
Vehicle taken: Full size
Vehicle charged for: mid size

It may not be exactly that, but it is something similar.

Edited at 11:34 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
Mine was - 'Midsize SUV, Toyota RAV4 or similar 5-Door/Automatic/Air' cost £278 for 2 weeks. From what i recall, they had a number of Jeep Compass on my row and as I had skip the counter etc I shouted to one of the attendants and they said pick anything on this row. If they had been parked on the wrong row would the people in the booth before you drive out not notice?
That's OK, Compass is mid size. Standard is bigger.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This is the twitter reply I got when I asked what vehicles are in the standard Suv class.

Some vehicles in our Standard SUV class are listed here: Dodge Journey, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Edge, Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain, Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sorento, Nissan Xterra, Toyota Highlander.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by johnmcmaster View Post
This is the twitter reply I got when I asked what vehicles are in the standard Suv class.

Some vehicles in our Standard SUV class are listed here: Dodge Journey, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Edge, Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain, Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sorento, Nissan Xterra, Toyota Highlander.
Thats the list but some may not be available, Please let us know when you get there and I hope you get the one you want.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
Ask for a Hyundai Santa Fe,Jeep or a Kia
Another vote for the Santa Fe!
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Interesting thread op
We are down for a RAV4 or similar. I asked hubby( cars is his thing he's a McLaren technician) if he wanted to upgrade to the Hyundai Santa Fe but he said he's rather have a rav 4. Think I'd like something America an for the fun of it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread