Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Apr 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

full size SUV

In my quest to find reasonably priced car hire i was wondering if dibbers can help! We need an 8 seater and have been looking at the sienna which has bern very expensive ! . I have been playing around with dates and pick up locations and found a full size suv via expedia rental through budget for a full size suv ford expedition or similar (states 8 seats) for £480 for 11 days. Doing it this way we woukd keep our transfers and not have to worry about luggage so would just be for getting about. Would this be big enough and would we be guarenteed an 8 seater?

Thoughts/advice welcome!
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I don't see why budget wouldn't have a good few 8 seater suvs ready to roll.

If you are picking up from somewhere other than the airport they will bring you over what you ordered which would be an 8 seater - they would know better (hopefully !) than to bring a 7 seater .

The only issue of an suv over a van is that the rear seats can be hard to access but if you have kids they can just clamber about back there .
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're off in October & need the 8 seats. The only 8 seater I could find was the Toyota - I'd have loved an SUV.
Paid £650 for 14 nights with Alamo - thats with the tank of fuel and 4 drivers.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Don't forget if you are using all 8 seats how much luggage space will there be
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

With the 8 seaters there is very very little luggage space as the seats are in the boot 'trunk' space also. Not a problem if you have transfers and so won't be putting your luggage in
Old 16 Apr 16, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We would have transfers so luggage not an issue just for getting around! It's works out just over £100 cheaper to collect the day after our flight arrives so seems sensible to do it this way. Just worried we wouldn't get an 8 seater which we need and quote states it is...! Thinking I will book and then cancel if I need to as cancellation is free up to 48 hours before.
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Be very careful of the "8 seater" with Budget. Budget advertise the Ford Expedition as a 7 seater on their website. Whilst they will have some 8 seaters in the same category, it would come down to luck if you get one. The rental companies use sipp codes to identify their vehicle categories. Providing they give you the vehicle for the correct sipp code (FFAR = Full Size SUV) they've kept their end of the deal.

The only companies i'm aware of who guarantee an 8 seater is Alamo with their Sienna and the Suburban... but as you've found, they charge a premium for it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by andy1984uk View Post
Be very careful of the "8 seater" with Budget. Budget advertise the Ford Expedition as a 7 seater on their website. Whilst they will have some 8 seaters in the same category, it would come down to luck if you get one. The rental companies use sipp codes to identify their vehicle categories. Providing they give you the vehicle for the correct sipp code (FFAR = Full Size SUV) they've kept their end of the deal.

The only companies i'm aware of who guarantee an 8 seater is Alamo with their Sienna and the Suburban... but as you've found, they charge a premium for it.
😲 Will I get this FFAR code when I book? As said it's has free cancellation so could be cancelled if needed? 🤔
Old 16 Apr 16, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

The paperwork I've had previously with Budget has the sipp code on it. You should be able to type the Budget ref number in on their website which I would imagine will show it as a full size 7 seater SUV as per their fleet guide (budget/budgetWeb/htm...occupancy.html). I've not booked with Expedia before so not sure if you would be given the Budget ref number at the point of booking or once you've paid in full.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 16, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Anyone know much about enterprise in terms of what their insurance covers and if they are offering a Toyota sienna or similar does this mean an 8 seater of some description?
Closed Thread