Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Apr 16, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Yay a food report! Fab start, i remember your mash addiction ! Haha... love the bullet train, i need!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package)

Firstly I'd like to say how pleasantly surprised I was by how pretty it was in here. There was a lovely atmosphere with the twinkly lights and the gingham table cloths.

We were lucky enough to be seated in a booth...gotta love a booth. The walls were adorned with framed pictures of Hollywood stars from years gone by, and by our table were these pictures...
Having been brain-washed with musicals as a child I'm usually very good at these things and so I knew this one...

But this one has left me stumped, please someone put me out of my misery and tell me who this lady is. Its on the tip of my tongue! I asked our grumpy server but he basically said " how the heck should I know, I pay no attention to these things"

Okay onto the food. As part of the package you get a starte,r a main and a dessert platter.

Complimentary bread and olive oil dip.

Ds had the Caesar Salad and said it was lovely

I had Minestrone Soup, it was quite nice but a little luke warm.

dh had Muscles...(at last)

Pepperoni flatbread

penne alla vodka with chicken, this was my choice and it was tasty buy yet again luke warm. I also seemed to get a smaller portion, think they ran out or something but I didn't grumble as I was a little bit scared of our server.

shrimp campanelle

Massive prawns!

Meatballs and spaghetti, apparently very good indeed!

The dessert sampler, you get no choice when on the package..this is what you have (you get one platter each) and that's that...it was very nice actually, especially the pistachio green looking thing there...very tasty.

I'm not sure I would return to Mama Melrose although it was nice enough. The server we had was very brusque and it took the shine off the experience a little. Also Fantasmic was cancelled that evening due to bad weather and that hasn't happened to us in all the years before, so the benefits of the package were lost.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Turtle shack (Old Key West-quiet pool area)

Mickey shaped things!

Caesar Salad

Starts to go a bit wrong with this wrap, it was a slimy horrible wet thing and I took it back to the lovely and cheerful cast member who was delighted to assist me (not).

I needed food consolation in the form of one of these beauties...

ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 11:09 AM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Planet Hollywood (dinner)

The 'Speed' Bus! ...sadly Keanu was not on board.

Despite bad reviews we actually had a lovely experience here in 2013, we loved the buzz in here and all the cool movie memorabilia and so we had no hesitation in booking another meal here. This experience was somewhat different, the food was lovely but the service was a disaster. We had a trainee who was very sweet but being shadowed by this guy who was a supervisor, the supervisor guy kept interfering and ruining everything! the rookie would have been better by himself! Wrong drinks were brought, we were told they would be on the house (by interfering guy who kept blaming new guy) but then we were charged for them...interfering guy denied telling us the drinks were on the house due to the mistakes! The nerve! We also waited a long time for everything we ordered but were very patient with this trainee server because we felt bad for him. Turns out trainee guy had vanished now and interfering guy was now our server! We had the bill before our desserts and other drinks had even been served! This is the only time we have ever had to 'have words' with management, and it really ruined the whole meal for us.

I'm not a drinker but every now and again I will go nuts and have a cocktail. I had this same one last time I'm sure but then it was called a 'Twilight' and this time a 'Matrix'. It's orangey, pineappley, rummy and yummy.

Chicken Piccata (dd's choice... mmmmmmash alert)

Dh's steak which he said was lovely

I had Chicken Marsala with some err... you know... Mash!

Chicken tenders for ds

Vanilla milkshake

Bananas Foster Cheesecake, I had this last time too!

Ice cream cookie sandwich
(rather large it was too)
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 06:26 PM.
Old 21 Apr 16, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Tusker House (breakfast)

There is always a lovely selection of breakfast treats at Tusker House and in such a pretty setting. Character interaction was below average I'd say though... some effort would be nice. We left feeling a little bit underwhelmed on this occasion.

ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 10:58 AM.
Old 21 Apr 16, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Yak & Yeti (dinner)

This is one of my favourite places to eat at WDW, we have eaten here quite a few times now and as I said in my last report...never had a bad meal. Service has always been excellent too, as it was today. We usually have lunch as it is a brilliant way to cool down in the middle of a hot day at A.K, but as we were only doing one A.K day this time I managed to squeeze in a dinner ADR (the pesky kids had insisted on a Tusker House breakfast on this day and ruined my lunch plans). They had changed the menu since my last visit and so I was a little sad not to be able to order the Tamarind Glazed Chicken, but never mind.

For some unknown reason I ordered a strawberry lemonade and thought it would be all refreshing like lemonade and pomegranate lemonade. It was not! It was dry and foamy and so I had water instead.

Ds had an adult portion of honey chicken and finished it all! He loved it.

I had the Tikka masala which was very much like an Indian take away here but a tad lighter.

Dh had a 'special' steak with ginger

Dd went for tempura shrimp

Desserts
I look forward to these cream cheese fries wontons! Dd had them too.

Dh went for the refreshing Sorbet

Ds was too full for dessert!
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Old 21 Apr 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Yak and Yeti looks great. Never been and got an adr for it. I was going to have the honey chicken and dh the curry, looks good! Making me so hungry though.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Yak and Yeti looks great. Never been and got an adr for it. I was going to have the honey chicken and dh the curry, looks good! Making me so hungry though.
It's just consistently good I've found, is your ADR lunch or dinner?
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Old 21 Apr 16, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Loving the honest food report! Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 16, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Great food report. Looking forward to reading more.
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List