Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Jun 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh yeah! I love a new food report!

Not a good idea when tying to shift that last few pounds when on Slimming World though
Old 5 Sep 16, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

I am currently downloading my pictures - hope to get this started soon. Can't believe how many photos of chicken tenders there will be (blinking kids! )
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerGirl View Post
I am currently downloading my pictures - hope to get this started soon. Can't believe how many photos of chicken tenders there will be (blinking kids! )

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ooh looking forward to it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Day 1 - Travel Day

We were flying out of Manchester on the 10.30 flight, so we decided to stay at the Premier Inn Runger Lane North. Because Rich would be fairly late from work and we had a 2 hour drive to the airport, we decided to eat at home the night before. AND because I am a Yorkshire girl born and bred we took some Sainsbury's croissants and cartons of orange juice to get us going in the morning.

After whizzing through check-in and security in record time, we managed to find a nice table in Cafe Nero for a second breakfast. We all really enjoyed it there as the kids could watch the planes from the table - they were so excited!

I had a really nice hot chocolate and the chocolate wafer things (I only ate a couple as I had a nervous tummy by that point and found them squashed at the bottom of my bag in the second week of the holiday!)

James had a gingerbread man which he had demolished before I had the chance to take the photo. Rich had the croissant and a cup of tea. Evie had the orange juice and the pain au chocolat. All very nice and a good tummy liner!

The flight - Virgin Airlines

Just after take off, the stewardesses came around with drinks. I had being off alcohol for 6 weeks prior to the holiday so I go a little giddy at this point and had a Tiger beer (as did Rich). Lunch menus were brought around very quickly.

We had ordered 2 children's meals through the Virgin chat button on the website but we were only served one. We gave it to DS who quickly demolished it. We waited a good 15 mins and then checked with the stewardesses. Fortunately, they were able to provide an extra kids meal for Evie (who is a real fussy eater!)

Both children enjoyed the cheese and tomato pasta bake and the roll, but neither would touch the chocolate and caramel desert.

Rich chose the loaded beef chilli melt which he said was quite spicy and tasted ok.

I chose the chicken teriyaki which was nice, a good salty sauce and the rice wasn't too overdone. A pleasant surprise.

All adult meals came with a choice of red or white wine. The white was a Sauvignon Blanc which was drinkable but it didn't have too much about it. There was also a really lovely white chocolate and raspberry pudding which we both enjoyed.

Afternoon tea came - we all had the same. Neither child ate the wrap or the crisps (black pepper and lemon) and James refused the chocolate too. Fortunately, they both ate the ice lolly that also came around. It was at this point when I realised that I should have bought supplies at the airport for this eventuality!

Both Rich and I thought the wrap was nice but neither of us were too fussed on the crisps.

Arrival in Orlando

After getting through security quite quickly we were soon on our way to Port Orleans Riverside. We had sort of planned to just stay at the hotel that evening and eat there but because we had got so quickly through the airport and through check-in at the hotel, we decided to head out to Magic Kingdom using Disney transport (which we loved and thought was one of the major reasons to stay at a Disney hotel). I had speculatively booked a few fast passes at the Magic Kingdom just in case so I was quite pleased that we were able to use them.

As you can imagine, by this point the kids were starving. Whilst walking down Main Street I remembered that a few Dibbers had recommended Casey's Corner so we headed there. We may have ordered a little too much...

Rich and the kids had a standard hot dog and fries and I had the bbq pulled pork hot dog with enough slaw to last a lifetime and fries. We also bought a large diet coke and a bottle of water. Luckily, we managed to find a table outside so we were all able to relax and watch the world go by. Heaven!
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving you have a new countdown already. Impressive making it to a theme park on the first night. Hotdogs look good but look at all those fries! Looking forward to more.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That hot dog looks Amazing! Great travel day, looking forward to reading more 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Ashcole
Getting Excited

Ooh fab! Looking forward to reading more!
Old 10 Sep 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to reading this. I must stock up on supplies for the plane. I have one who doesn't eat pasta!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Looking forward to reading this. I must stock up on supplies for the plane. I have one who doesn't eat pasta!
What makes it worse is that I completely forgot this for the homeward journey too!