Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Jul 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

August 2015 Mainly offsite COMPLETE

Hi All

I thought I would post my pics from our trip last August as I have finally put them on our PC - I really don't know how you guys do trip reports so quickly, hats off to you.

I didn't take pictures of everything as I forgot and some of the pics i might of taken during the meal as I again might have forgot

I do have most of the receipts so should be able to post prices.

So first up is Travel Day and Birmingham Airport No1 Lounge.

I managed to get this for free for the 3 of us me/DH and DD using the Holiday Extra's Free If policy, what a pity that has stopped

This was just a small salad bar they had to help yourself, it wasn't very exciting to be honest. I think we also ordered a very small fish finger sandwich, which I didn't take a shot of.

Obviously the alcohol is included so I had a few of these

A few of the cakes on offer and weird dried cracker things with no dip or cheese as there wasn't any.

The lounge is really nice as it has been recently refurbished but I wouldn't have been happy paying £50 for the 3 of us as it wasn't worth it.

we flew from BHX into PDG which meant one thing

These babies, I actually got a few more but we scoffed them before I took a pic, we actually ate them at some point over the Atlantic and they were delish. I got Strawberry, lemon, caramel, pistachio and coffee they were just under 12 euros.

As it was a morning flight the breakfast was crepes, which I didnt take a shot of.

We stayed at OKW and had; BBQ pulled port pita, chicken nuggets and an extra portion of fries, we also bought a Refill mug the cost was $38.30 this was from Goods to go, sorry no pics as tiredness had really kicked in.

Day 1

Crystal Palace Breakfast.

We had an ADR at 8.05 and we were actually one of the first families into the restaurant, we weren't one of the first families up as the characters were round within minutes.

First Eeyore

Then Pooh

Then Tigga

We were then advise we could go for food. I was really impressed with the buffet as it was all nicely present and replenished quickly - I didn't take buffet pics as we have all seen them before but here are some of our plates.

I really liked the Potato casserole and also the hash brown it was lovely

My DD also enjoyed the pancakes this was her plate :rem:

we were then visited by Piglet

We then had a few more plates

yes this is my DH making himself a bacon sandwich!

DD's 2nd and 3rd plates, she really did make the most of 'all you care to enjoy'

My 2nd plate and I of course tried the breakfast lasagne aka heart attack on a plate, I liked it. I did really like the puffed french toast and the fruit was lovely

I went back for my first ever mickey waffle and a bit more breakfast lasagne, which was not as nice as my first portion and I can see why some people hate it as if I had got this as my first taste I wouldn't have gone back for more.

It was DD's 9th birthday whilst we were there and they brought her a card and cupcake to celebrate and a few of the CM's sang happy birthday to her so she was thrilled.

Overall we really enjoyed our visit to Crystal Palace and I can see why its a traditional first morning ritual for many people as we certainly would go again even paying OOP. With tip this was $97.07.

Phoebe also got a free treat from a CM in Big top treats.

We stopped off for a drink at Peco Bills and Phoebe also got some free chocolate cake from a CM - she did well with her birthday badge today.

will update again shortly

Edited at 10:09 PM.
redredshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Day 1 continued

After we finished up at MK we took a trip to Walmart to stock up on food for the room. We bought, water, milk, bagels, etc we spent around $50 it did include a few bags of M&Ms though.

We went to TGI fridays we went to the Crossroads restaurant, we were there at 5.30 so we were seated right away.

I had a fountain drink, DH had a bud light and Phoebe had the Kids Slush.

To eat I had the chicken skewers with rice and steamed broccoli the skewers were coated in their sticky sauce, it was really nice not too heavy.

DH had a cheese burger and sweet potato fries.

DD had kids chicken nuggets and fries, she didn't like the mustard dip and she didn't really eat much as it was very salty.

To make up for it we ordered the brownie obsession, the ice cream had melted by the time it arrived with us. It was still nice though and DD ate most of it.

We were also joined by Minnie, think this cost us $5 as we didn't have any smaller bills and neither did the guy doing it!

The bill came to $41.69, we left $50, there was a offer on the receipt if you fill in a survey you got a free appetiser on your next visit (we didn't bother) Overall we did enjoy our food but looking at the pictures of us eating we have major bags under our eyes, we pretty much went to bed after getting back to OKW.

Day 2
Hollywood Studios

To make the most of our early starts we decided to get to DHS for opening to get DD a spot on Jedi training we had a quick breakfast in the room so no pics.

We did stop off at some point to enjoy one of these bad boys oh my did we enjoy the writers stop - we actually got a seat and sat and enjoyed our cookies with a cup of coffee 2 cookies and 2 coffees cost $13.81.

I could easily eat one by myself - I would probably regret it and start feeling sick not long after though.

Writers stop was an oasis of cooling calm although I hear they have now removed the seats, which is disappointing as we really enjoyed our visit there.

The other snack I really wanted to try was the PBJ shake from 50's Prime Time. We ordered the shakes to go from the Tune in Lounge as we didn't intend to eat at 50's. We go a Chocolate milkshake for DH and a PBJ for DD and I, ok big mistake why in the world did I order only 1. We were literally pulling it out of each others hand it was delicious and when I remembered to take a picture I was quite surprised how vanilla looking it was. I can assure you it was lovely and very refreshing.

The two shakes cost $11.91 each plus $2 tip.

Dinner tonight was Millers Ale House we ate the Vineland road, it was busy we arrived at 7.30pm but we only waited a couple of minutes for a table.

DH had a pint Coors Light and DD and I had soda's.

I ordered the fish taco's, which was actually really nice not too heavy at all.

DH had the chicken fajitas and paid $.99 for guacamole.

DD had grilled chicken breast and fries, which she inhaled and started helping her dad out.

Overall we enjoyed our food and service was fine but we were so tired once again, the bill came to $36.56, we left $45.

We popped into the Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins across the road for some ice cream 1 double scoop and 2 singles came to $11.16

There were a couple of offers on the receipt for return visits and survey completions.

Think she had some disgusting bubblegum flavour.

We pretty much went to bed after this
Old 31 Jul 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Day 3 - Phoebe's 9th Birthday

What a fabulous place to have your birthday, I had ordered some monster high dolls from Toys R Us.com which had all arrived prior to arrival and her other present was a visit to BBB.

Breakfast this morning was at CRT at 10am but first BBB, this place is lovely and caused my eyes to leak at many times during our visit. I had sneakily managed to pack Phoebe's Anna dress which was produced at our visit.

She loved every second here, she is very girly so its right up her street the cost for the Crown package was $63.85. We also popped across the courtyard to have some pictures done in the little studio, which were all added to our memory maker.

Anyway on to breakfast, our ADR was 10.05 and there was a little queue to check in and have a picture with Cinderella, we were called pretty much straightaway and shown to a fabulous table right by the window overlooking the carousel.

First the pastries

Nothing out of the ordinary, the Mickey shaped one was just sponge cake.

Both DH and I had the cooked breakfast, sorry started eating before I remembered to take a picture.

DD had the kids breakfast, she doesn't like egg and I forgot to ask them to swop it so I swopped over bits off my plate.

Again nothing exciting, the food is pretty much thrown at you. Some CM's were nicer than others but as you have already paid your tip none of them were particularly interested.

She also got another birthday cupcake, which actually got eaten.

I think this cost us about £160, which is expensive but she loved it and didn't care the food was a bit rubbish all that mattered to her was how amazing her birthday breakfast was. For me the smile on her face was worth it and I am glad we were able to do this for her, although there is no way I would go again - the cost versus quality of food doesn't stack up.
Old 31 Jul 16, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

A lovely birthday treat , x
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Look at that smile! That's what makes it all worth it x
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Aww what a lovely birthday for her!

Loving your report so far! I adore Laduree macarons
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I'm in! Agree that CRT is so overpriced but she looked like she enjoyed it and I guess that is priceless. Thanks for sharing
Old 3 Aug 16, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Following along

Can't wait for children to come along so I can watch their little faces light up at a character breakfast. Even if I have to pay an arm and a leg

Some day!
Old 9 Aug 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
A lovely birthday treat , x
it was she had a lovely birthday

Originally Posted by daftmum View Post
Look at that smile! That's what makes it all worth it x
It does, even her dad didn't mind the expense

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aww what a lovely birthday for her!

Loving your report so far! I adore Laduree macarons
So do i now, it was my first time trying them

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
I'm in! Agree that CRT is so overpriced but she looked like she enjoyed it and I guess that is priceless. Thanks for sharing
It is very overpriced in my opinion, but it has to be done just the once!

Originally Posted by MsMinervaMouse View Post
Following along

Can't wait for children to come along so I can watch their little faces light up at a character breakfast. Even if I have to pay an arm and a leg

Some day!
it is lovely when they spot their favourite character and get all excited. She is getting past that now and gets excited when she spots the next fast ride