Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 16, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gerryc View Post
We have never been to DC before, would maybe like to go next year but not do the dolphin swim, what tickets would I have to buy that you get the free parking for the other parks as we will be doing Busch, Seaworld etc?
You'd need the Ultimate tickets for 14 days FREE at the three other parks, plus free parking at all four parks.

Other parks are; Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens.

EDIT: Make sure you get the Ultimate Non-Swim package if you don't want to do the dolphins.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucien21
Very Serious Dibber

Lucien21's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Went to Discovery Cove today and did the dolphin swim. It was fun but I thought the photos were overpriced and unless you have a spare person taking pics you can't take your own camera into the pool. It's a neat trick business wise.

I preferred the coral reef area and spent most of the time in the park snorkelling around trying not to step on the big manta rays.

The "lazy river" was ok but not as good as some of the Disney water park ones. Finding a float was A task.

Free food and drinks were good, but the burger was dreadful.

Overall though I had fun.
Lucien21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

We did Discovery Cove, 3 weeks ago. It was our first time and it definitely wont be our last.

We arrived at 7:15 and it was already busy. There had be a bad storm the previous day and I'm guessing lots of people were returning due to the park closing. The lightning had come in at 11 and stayed for the day.

We were allocated a 9:40swim time, which we were pleased with. We headed for breakfast -which was heaving and 'ok', then got kitted out in choice of wetsuit or vest.

I was surprised at how regimented the swim was. Of course, I get that it has to be but I felt like a yo yo with the 'step on the rock/off the rock. It wasn't a very natural encounter. "line up and stroke the dolphin...line up for 10second swim... line up and stroke again... line up and kiss the dolphin... line up for family pic. DONE! But that said, it was worth every penny when our 11 year old son thanked us- with tears in his eyes- for taking him, saying it was the best day of his life. You can't put a price on that.

Yes the photos are steep but every time I walk past the poster of my son looking down at the dolphin, again you can't put a price on it. I would have regretted not buying the package.

We'll go again but as a non-swim for us and just watch our son from the beach next time -now we know the set up. I think he can go alone at 12?

Cons: pools far too busy. I can only imagine this was due to previous day storm as everyone says how peaceful it normally is.

Lazy river wasn't lazy at all. In fact even when we finally found a noodle, although it was flowing(ish) it required a lot of effort; I don't want effort on a lazy river, I want to be lazy.

We definitely didn't Utilise the all inclusive food as restaurant too busy.

Might try the sea adventure next. The video looks great. I must look up the age limit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

wow! It looks awesome! If ever I have time, I will do it!
Old 17 Oct 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Please does anyone know if it is likely to be warm enough to go to Discovery Cove at Christmas/New Year or would we be better spending it on something else and doing Discovery Cove in the Summer Months? Thanks
Old 20 Oct 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Christine_mufc
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by PurpleFigment View Post
Please does anyone know if it is likely to be warm enough to go to Discovery Cove at Christmas/New Year or would we be better spending it on something else and doing Discovery Cove in the Summer Months? Thanks
We have went 3 times at Christmas time - the first year it was a bit chilly but as the water is heated it was mostly fine. They also had heaters in the places where you signed the forms and watched a video before the Dolphin swim - and we grabbed some extra towels to wrap up. The other two times the weather was really lovely so there wasn't any issues. If you are going again in the Summer it might be better for you to wait, we loved it even on the colder day. Also you could perhaps wait until closer to the time and check the weather forecast as i don't think dates around that time sell out (we were able to move a booking one year with no issues)

My niece Summer meeting her favorite Princess at Epcot Dec 2015!
Christine_mufc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

We are going next May, how much is the photo package, do you get pictures from the entire park or just the dolphin swim?
Old 29 Oct 16, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dib Dob View Post
We are going next May, how much is the photo package, do you get pictures from the entire park or just the dolphin swim?
We went this summer and the top package which was all dolphin photos and video plus some prints/album photo frame was $229 plus tax. Don't know about other pictures around the park as we didn't have any taken.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for letting us know. We can now budget for the photos.