Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 16, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Celebrity Reflections - European Cruise anyone been on this ship?

Hello, I was on Disney Dream in 2014 for 4 nights and loved it! Looking to do a family cruise, but DCL in Europe is looking to be too pricey for July 2017. There seems to be a really good deal with this ship if you book before the end of August but I am a bit nervous about 4 of us in a room (was feeling flush in 2014 and was on a 1 bedroom suite). Has anyone been on this ship as a family and how was it? All of the reviews on Cruise Critic are from couples so would love to hear from any families or any suggestions about cabins etc. Thanks
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Sorry unable to offer any advice but I am also very interested in hearing other people's experience of this ship as we are booked on it for a Western Caribbean cruise next April. We have previously only cruised with DCL on Dream and Wonder.

We were also looking to book DCL but we are travelling with DS and his girlfriend and he reluctantly decided that it was more than he was prepared to pay

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were on Reflection in February this year - fab ship in every way! We are loyal to Celebrity as we prefer an American cruise line and have sailed on all their Solstice and Millennium class ships with Reflection and Equinox as our favourites. We usually cruise as a couple but my mum came with us and shared a cabin. She had a bed settee made into a single bed and it was rearranged each morning. An alternative bed lowered as a bunk from the ceiling with steps - not ideal for an 80 year old lol. Not sure about larger family suites. We always have a balcony and gives feel of more space and this class of ships has by far the best bathrooms at sea! You won't be spending much time in the cabin - far too much to explore!
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks phoebe - really helpful 😄
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We were on Reflection in February as well. Loved it, I think more than any of the other solstice class ships.
Celebrity is great for families in the school holidays although we have found that the October holiday sailing out of the Med there were few families. (3). We sailed Eclipse out of Southampton on her maiden season and my boys still say it was their favourite cruise.
Old 25 Aug 16, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
We were on Reflection in February as well. Loved it, I think more than any of the other solstice class ships.
Celebrity is great for families in the school holidays although we have found that the October holiday sailing out of the Med there were few families. (3). We sailed Eclipse out of Southampton on her maiden season and my boys still say it was their favourite cruise.
Can I ask if you remember, which type of cabin you stayed in as it would be great to hear how it was for space - thanks
Old 30 Aug 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Booked NCL Epic 7 day cruise from Barcelona - so excited! Away to look through DIBB for hotel recommendations for staying in Barcelona, love DIBB
Old 30 Aug 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by steel1203 View Post
Booked NCL Epic 7 day cruise from Barcelona - so excited! Away to look through DIBB for hotel recommendations for staying in Barcelona, love DIBB
We just stayed at hotel Vasanta. It was a really nice small boutique hotel. Kids loved the jacuzzi bath. Rooms aren't huge but it was lovely.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

Stayed at art hotel. Got a suite as better when I was alone with 3 kids in way back from skiing in Andorra when I got a last minute good deal. The service is best I have ever had. Glass of champagne as I signed in and 2 ladies took kids to colour books. Beautiful suite overlooking med on seafront. Bring around complementary packs of things for kids... snacks and anothe visit with kids toiletries on top of the usual toiletries which were uber posh. Just the most friendly and amazing hotel ... next to a great port bit where there are tonnes of lovely restaurants...didn't eat at hotel... would strongly recommend it especially if you get a deal. Best ever 😎😎😋
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by phoebe23 View Post
We were on Reflection in February this year - fab ship in every way! We are loyal to Celebrity as we prefer an American cruise line and have sailed on all their Solstice and Millennium class ships with Reflection and Equinox as our favourites. We usually cruise as a couple but my mum came with us and shared a cabin. She had a bed settee made into a single bed and it was rearranged each morning. An alternative bed lowered as a bunk from the ceiling with steps - not ideal for an 80 year old lol. Not sure about larger family suites. We always have a balcony and gives feel of more space and this class of ships has by far the best bathrooms at sea! You won't be spending much time in the cabin - far too much to explore!
sorry to butt in OP but phoebe would you mind PM'ing me any hints/ tips for Celebrity Solstice as we're on her for 14 nights in October from Sydney to Singapore and want to make the most of the 8 days at sea, thanks!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread