Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 16, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Never cruised - HELP :)

We are trying to come up with something non Orlando related

We would love to fly to New York and cruise up the country, or fly to Canada and cruise down to NYC.

I do not have a clue where to start

I can plan a Florida holiday with my eyes shut, but OMG do I need help with this.

Where am I best to start searching?

Thanks very much, from a cruise virgin

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well for starters which cruise line... which dates...are flights available ... how many people are sharing the cabin... to use a american TA or book direct with the Cruise line...
just run some ideas around the look at a few cruise lines that sail in your preferred area and dates and then you can ask more specific questions on here and take it from there BUT i'd read the sticky at the top of this page to start with
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

NYC is the most fantastic sailaway - We topped off a few nights in the city with a 7 night cruise to Bermuda - 3 days on the island with Celebrity. RCI also sail up the New England/ Canadian Coast and has a younger vibe. Whoever you cruise with join their loyalty programme- we're loyal to Celebrity/RCI as we prefer US cruise lines - the points soon rack up!
Good deals - cruise365/Check-in cruise club - Crook lol !
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi! Long time no hear (or see) .. hope you're well.

As Kev says, you have many choices of cruise lines and many itineraries so it's impossible for anyone on here to advice you which one is best.

For instance, do you want to sail with Disney or are you happy to go with someone else? With DCL, you're paying for a brand that you know you already love, but, if you go with someone else, it could be cheaper.
DCL sail from NYC next year on 4-7 night cruises, but because it's NYC, the price is fairly high. Just go to theDCL website and pop in your destination as Canadian Coast to see the options.

If you don't mind other itineraries, then have a play around on the website and see what catches your eye. We can then advice once you've got a rough idea.

For other cruise lines, I'm not going to be able to help, but others can and will. There is a cruise line for everyone, it's just a case of narrowing it down.

Good luck!
Joa
Old 26 Aug 16, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for the replies

Hi Joa

It looks like I have a lot of decisions to make.

Ideally I would love to fit some Disney in there somewhere, but I don't want it to be the main focus.

The scary part for me is trying to get it all together, but when I look back at my early Orlando planning I guess I was as naive at that too

Lots to think about.

Thanks again
Tracey x

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

i've just booked 3N NYC, 9N RCI cruise south to Caribbean and then 2N in NY before flying home.
I have only booked cruise and flights currently with flight times to be confirmed at 11m before (travelling in August 2017). Will book hotels nearer the time although not sure whether to add them on via travel agent or book on line. I've looked at the other places forum on here and also on cruise critic for hotel suggestions.

Booked via Iglu / Planet Cruise and found them helpful getting the cabin we wanted, suggestion a split stay and best area to stay in in NY etc, also used them last year when we did 5N in Port Aventura in Spain and then DCL from Barcelona.
I did cost some of it direct but difficult for August as cruise etc sell out quick and don't have much flexibility over dates hence booking via travel agents.

My mum sailed HAL from Canada to Boston last September and had a good time, although some trips cancelled due to rain. They had flown into Vancouver and spent time at Niagara, Quebec etc before.

Have fun looking, I also recommend Cruise Critic for advice though its not nearly as friendly as the DIBB and its huge!

Gillian
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread