Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 16, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Just subscribing to this - we booked a placeholder cruise and I would LOVE to go to Canada/Alaska! Let us know how you get on with all your plans OP 🙂 You must be so excited!
I am VERY excited 😆 A year away still but trying to get a good idea about excursions & things to do in Vancouver... There is sooooo much choice it will be difficult to decide 😆
Old 28 Aug 16, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moodyblue View Post
Thank!

I hadn't considered Westjet so I will have a look at them later... I did look at Club for Transat but was disappointed to see the seats didn't lie flat 😱😱.

I was thinking 4 or 5 days in Vancouver before so that sounds about right... I might even use my Avios points for the hotel if I don't use them for the flight 😆

Thanks again
To be fair Air Transaat club is more like PE on other airlines.We stayed at the Pan Pacific which was fab and the Disney Wonder docked right under our window😄

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
To be fair Air Transaat club is more like PE on other airlines.We stayed at the Pan Pacific which was fab and the Disney Wonder docked right under our window😄
Yes, been looking again & saw that they don't really have a business class... The upgrade is quite a lot at the moment so I don't think it's worth it (about £1200 each). I think i might pay the extra £100 each for bulkhead seats if they are available.

Just astounded at the price difference with BA 😱 Even if I use my Avios points BA is probably going to be more than Air Transat 😱.

I looked at the Pan Pacific. Lovely hotel but a bit pricey 😆😆. We have Mariott points to use & it looks like that's very near the port so we will probably book that 😄

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Moodyblue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just flown BA to the US and found them very average. Certainly not worth any kind of premium for the name. I'd just go with the best cost.
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
We have just flown BA to the US and found them very average. Certainly not worth any kind of premium for the name. I'd just go with the best cost.
😆 Def not twice the price! The only difference I can see is BA offer a hot meal vs a sandwich, free headphones & a blanket... Don't think that's worth an extra £500...

Thanks
Old 28 Aug 16, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle using our points Great hotel and close to the port, we even walked it with our luggage.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle using our points Great hotel and close to the port, we even walked it with our luggage.
That's the one I am planning to stay at! Just trying to get DH to pull his finger out & book it 😄

Glad to hear you like it and even better than you can walk to the port 😄
Old 4 Sep 16, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

We did Alaska on the Wonder this July flew with Air Transat who were very attentive,great food and a great price
Was extremely comfortable
Old 4 Sep 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by highland lass View Post
We did Alaska on the Wonder this July flew with Air Transat who were very attentive,great food and a great price
Was extremely comfortable
That's great to hear 😄 Did you have seatback IFE?

How did you enjoy the cruise? Did you do any excursions that you could recommend? There is so much choice!
Old 4 Sep 16, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Yes we did and there was lots of choice including Canadian films