Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Welcome back to all you DCL Med cruisers!

Been following your adventures on the FB group (evidently some people either think it's worth buying the internet package, or maybe just pop into a coffee shop during a shore excursion!)

Hope you all had a wonderful time. Looking forward to lots of highs and lows, pictures, trip reports, tips - anything to help this newbie!

Our plans have changed and we are postponing our DLP trip this year so we have more money to pay off the cruise by next May.

So instead, the plan is:

5 Sep 2017: Eurostar to DLP for 3 nights at Santa Fe
8 Sep 2017: Train from Marne-la-Vallee to Barcelona,1 night in hotel
9 Sep 2017: Cruise
16 Sep 2017: Fly home and start writing the trippie!

Really looking forward to it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Sounds like a great plan Gill.

We had a wonderful time this past week with the wizards .. they were in the clubs for 80% of the time, watched all the shows in the theatre, went to the cinema twice (Pete's Dragon is very sad!).

I reported a few people to the pool host for sunbed saving ... I don't care if that makes me a snitch! Lots of people looking for beds and the 4 next to us had not been touched for an hour (only a few people in the pool who had beds elsewhere). I can't bear it .. report it and something will change at some point!

Anyway, back to work with a thump this morning, but only 2 weeks until we're back on board so not bad at all.
Old 5 Sep 16, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fox
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome home!

We have just returned home from our first DCL cruise (Med 27/8). It was fantastic - so much so that on Day 3 we booked onboard to return next Summer!

The level of service is truly outstanding. Our stateroom host and restaurant serving team worked tirelessly to give us the best experience. They are worth every penny of their tips and more. We were really sad to say goodbye to them at the end of the cruise.

My kids both enjoyed the kids clubs (Edge and Oceaneers). DD11 made friends at the club and by the end of the week was spending most of the day hanging out with her new friends in Edge or around the ship and meeting up with us for meals and the shows. DS8 was also an enthusiastic participant at Oceaneers and was begging to spend some time there every day.

We did our own thing on port days and visited Pompeii, Rome and Pisa. We used local transport and found it manageable to see everything we wanted to.

Bats - well done on reporting the sun bed situation. I noticed the same issue around the Goofy pool and on Deck 10 despite clear notices asking guests to refrain from reserving beds :angry:

We were so sad to leave on the final morning but the pain is eased knowing we have next year to look forward to. We have certainly been bitten by the bug!
The Fox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Ooh, are you booked on the 9 September one?
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fox
Earning My Ears

No - we are on the 26th August cruise! I'll be disembarking on 2nd Sept and will be envious of you with your fabulous cruise yet to come.

You will have a wonderful time. I'm tied to school holidays but I would think that mid September is about the perfect time to visit the Med. August was HOT, particularly in the Italian ports of call!
The Fox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Yes, I am looking at all the temps now. Still 31 in several places which is too hot for me.
Old 6 Sep 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
Thanks for the welcome home!

We have just returned home from our first DCL cruise (Med 27/8). It was fantastic - so much so that on Day 3 we booked onboard to return next Summer!

The level of service is truly outstanding. Our stateroom host and restaurant serving team worked tirelessly to give us the best experience. They are worth every penny of their tips and more. We were really sad to say goodbye to them at the end of the cruise.

My kids both enjoyed the kids clubs (Edge and Oceaneers). DD11 made friends at the club and by the end of the week was spending most of the day hanging out with her new friends in Edge or around the ship and meeting up with us for meals and the shows. DS8 was also an enthusiastic participant at Oceaneers and was begging to spend some time there every day.

We did our own thing on port days and visited Pompeii, Rome and Pisa. We used local transport and found it manageable to see everything we wanted to.

Bats - well done on reporting the sun bed situation. I noticed the same issue around the Goofy pool and on Deck 10 despite clear notices asking guests to refrain from reserving beds :angry:

We were so sad to leave on the final morning but the pain is eased knowing we have next year to look forward to. We have certainly been bitten by the bug!
So pleased you had a good time!
Old 6 Sep 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fox
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
So pleased you had a good time!
Thanks Bats! Only downside was having to leave.

The DCL sticky at the top of this forum is incredibly helpful and the best guide for any newbies like us so thanks also for your work on that.
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
Thanks Bats! Only downside was having to leave.

The DCL sticky at the top of this forum is incredibly helpful and the best guide for any newbies like us so thanks also for your work on that.
Lots of input from others too so I can't claim it! You'll be able to help the new newbies now though, so stick around!
Old 6 Sep 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fox
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Lots of input from others too so I can't claim it! You'll be able to help the new newbies now though, so stick around!
I certainly will. Happy to help if I can!
Closed Thread