Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 16, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We haven't sailed with Disney but if they are like any of the other five cruise lines we have sailed with then the morning of disembarkation is pretty frantic for the hosts (stewards). Cabin doors are left wide open, beds stripped with bedding on trolleys ready to go to the laundry. At the same time passengers are leaving their cabins at different times up to the point they have to leave the ship.
It all adds up to a very 'busy' situation and anyone could have access to several 'empty' cabins.
Consequently, I am a little concerned that DCL automatically assumed that the OP had taken the blanket. For me, it's not an issue about the host - they have to account for the room inventory, I get that. It's what happened thereafter. Guilty until proved innocent appears to be the policy. IMHO.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

i dont know why your saying i want to think bad about everyone on DCL ,I know for a fact they all work hard and are dedicated to the cause but thats the job they get paid for
Ok i do think they have the morals of a big company and yes they do provide a good service, but i speak and think my mind ,and like the last person mentioned about all the doors being open anything can happen, but some people can not see Disney do no wrong but those people live with blinkers with Micky ears attached, but thats good for them ..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
i dont know why your saying i want to think bad about everyone on DCL ,I know for a fact they all work hard and are dedicated to the cause but thats the job they get paid for
Ok i do think they have the morals of a big company and yes they do provide a good service, but i speak and think my mind ,and like the last person mentioned about all the doors being open anything can happen, but some people can not see Disney do no wrong but those people live with blinkers with Micky ears attached, but thats good for them ..
I'm presuming that last comment is for me ... but you're wrong. I have experienced first hand that DCL are not brilliant so please don't cast aspersions when you don't know people.
On my wedding day (on the Disney Magic), not only did they order the wrong colour flowers, but they brought my dress back from the cleaners and it had big black boot marks on it. Our room leaked for the entire cruise (concierge room that was supposed to be the meeting hub for our 56 guests). Believe me, I am not blinkered at all with DCL and I don't think anyone here is.
But your negative perceptions and comments regarding DCL are not truthful nor helpful, especially as you haven't sailed with them.

We are only getting one side of this story remember so to judge would be wrong. DCL have their way of dealing with things .. you may agree or disagree with that, but believe me, it's a multi million pound business that works. If you don't like the way they do business, your loudest voice would be not to book. The OP was advised to contact DCL which I hope they have. I'm pretty sure DCL will sort it out for the OP.

The doors are not all left open and with so many people wandering around the corridors, it would be very unlikely to think someone would go into a room anyway (not knowing if someone is behind an opened curtain, or in the bathroom) and rummaging around to steal something. Then coming out into the hallway again with the stolen item. After many years moderating this forum, using the US equivalent and taking many cruises, I have never heard of anyone doing that. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I doubt it would.

I'm going to close this thread as it's going around in circles and is not useful to anyone now. The OP is more than welcome to update the forum when they receive a conclusion from DCL.