Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 16, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for posting your reviews. Tiffins seems popular may have to try adding this to the plan!

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Thanks for doing this. We are staying at AKL.

I know where you are coming from with Boma. We've done dinner twice and were underwhelmed. I had it as an adr as we are at AKL then cancelled it last week. Felt like I was doing it because we should not because I was looking forward to it. Have got Boma breakfast booked.

Can I ask what your children enjoyed at Tiffins. I am tempted to try but not sure what DD will eat there.
We're the same. We'd love Tiffins but I just can't see anything they will eat on the menu! We're staying at AKL too and have Boma booked for the evening and a breakfast just for convenience sake.

Just cancelled the Boathouse too. My ADRs are all over the place and with 10 of us it's a nightmare to swap!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
We're the same. We'd love Tiffins but I just can't see anything they will eat on the menu! We're staying at AKL too and have Boma booked for the evening and a breakfast just for convenience sake.

Just cancelled the Boathouse too. My ADRs are all over the place and with 10 of us it's a nightmare to swap!
I keep changing my mind. Not been too bad swapping but only 3 of us.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBERIFFIC View Post
How can a server insist on a full tip? This is something new?
I tried to argue but my DH pointed out it was probably because there were 7 of us dining. Just didn't like the attitude of the staff at Via Napoli. We felt like an inconvenience to them.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 16, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
I tried to argue but my DH pointed out it was probably because there were 7 of us dining. Just didn't like the attitude of the staff at Via Napoli. We felt like an inconvenience to them.
If you are 6 or above you need to ask for the manager to reduce/waive the auto tip.

Shame how service can be so hit and miss and spoil the meal.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

I love the look of Tiffins, so it's definitely on my to try list next year. Sorry to hear you've had bad experiences at Boma, it's our fave.

As for Bongos...isn't it FAB! We had the BEST coconut crusted chicken there, to die for!

Thanks for your review, will keep it in mind for The Boathouse definitely.

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting, we also really enjoy Ohana and Tusker House for breakfast. We try to do 1 signature every year and have Cali Grill in our plans for the next trip, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Quite concerned to read about Via Napoli, we also have this included in our plans for next year as I really liked the look of it.