Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Sep 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Cruising in August

Hi

we were looking at a cruise during August, however DSIL (who is far more knowledgeable than me!) had looked previously and been told by travel agents not to travel then due to Hurricane season. We have to travel during school holidays so summer is really the only period we have available. Has anyone travelled during this period?

Me DH: DS:11 DS:7:
2003: DLRP - Santa Fe
2007, 2008, 2010, 2016: POR
2009: NYC in Feb for DH 30th B'day,
lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pubguv
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi

We have done 2 Disney cruises in August both to the Bahamas we had beautiful weather both times.Last time on the last night it was a tiny bit rough but nothing that would put me off doing it again.I can honestly say the cruises were the best time we have ever had The dream is an amazing ship
pubguv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There have been a number of storms (both Hurricanes & Tropical Storms) around the Bermuda area this August and September.

Try and go in July?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdob59
Getting Excited

We went for a week on the Fantasy in August and had absolutely beautiful weather - as calm as can be. We were wondering whether it would be stormy but not in the least.
dibdob59 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Any time during hurricane season will be hit or miss. More often than not you will be fine but there is always a chance. Our first DCL cruise was 2 days after a hurricane and we were really nervous but it was fine. The ships will avoid storms as much as possible and sail around rain in general. This year does seem to have been bad for storms so far but that doesn't mean next year will so its really hard to tell. I wouldn't let it put me off but that's me and its easy to say
Old 20 Sep 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

We will be on our 10th Disney cruise next year and always go in August, 2 years ago we had to sail round a hurricane so it's not an issue, ship will just change itinerary to suit the bad weather.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We were on the Dream on the 19th August this year and the weather was amazing
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We cruised in April 2015 & August this year (26th - just before Hurricane Hermine!) both times on the Disney Dream & not a lot of difference when out at sea, August was a bit stormy the first day/night but all 4 of us were okay & the Dream is just that ... a Dream ...
(Note: As a kid I was feeding fish on glass bottom boats)
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!

Edited at 09:49 PM.
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Same concerns for me last year but we found the weather so much more settled in our 7 day RCI western Caribbean compared to Orlando! Calm seas, hardly any rain and fab time! So we are going eastern Caribean RCI next year all being well 😉
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoRollo
Trainee Dibber

May to November is hurricane season so it could be anytime, you are unlucky if you get a hurricane, you may get a bit of rain each day.
Villa Hidden Springs - Kissimmee 1993 - Caribbean Beach 2008 - Port Orleans 2010 - Disneyland California 2013 -Coronado Springs 2014 - Disneyland California Paradise Pier 2016 - Art Of Animation 2016 -Polynesian Resort 2017- Disney Dream Cruise 2017- Animal Kingdom Lodge 2017 - Disney Wonder Alaska 2018 - Saratoga Springs Resort 2018
JoRollo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread