Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Never new cabanas had a sit down in the evening, have always gone to the main restaurants, if I was on a 7 night cruise then I would probably go to cabanas for one night.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Never new cabanas had a sit down in the evening, have always gone to the main restaurants, if I was on a 7 night cruise then I would probably go to cabanas for one night.
I've only done it once a few years ago and it was actually really nice. They combine a few things off the other menus I think and then had a nice steak selection (rib eye and sirloin I believe were both on there). Its a bit more plane than in the restaurant but it was really nice to just sit and try something less fancy if that makes sense. I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again (probably instead of Pirate night menu as that's always my least favorite).
Old 20 Oct 16, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
No1 Babe
Excited about Disney

You are not alone ! It's our first cruise too and we are departing 26th aug from Barcelona also!
No1 Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I want to cruise next year but don't know where to start how do you even find a reputable cruise company? Are they all in USD? Even the European operators?
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemicky
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I've only done it once a few years ago and it was actually really nice. They combine a few things off the other menus I think and then had a nice steak selection (rib eye and sirloin I believe were both on there). Its a bit more plane than in the restaurant but it was really nice to just sit and try something less fancy if that makes sense. I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again (probably instead of Pirate night menu as that's always my least favorite).
Hi we are sailing on the dream, 3 night cruise is cabanas open every night? If so what times? Tia
minniemicky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minniemicky View Post
Hi we are sailing on the dream, 3 night cruise is cabanas open every night? If so what times? Tia
Yes I believe so and I think its 6:30 til 9 from memory. Best way to check is look at recent navigators on disneycruiselineblog

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
I want to cruise next year but don't know where to start how do you even find a reputable cruise company? Are they all in USD? Even the European operators?
I would definitely look somewhere like cruisecritic as they look at all cruise lines and you can even look by the type of cruise you want like family friendly etc. Lots don't charge in US these days and there are lost of operators out there.
Old 25 Oct 16, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
1st cruise. 120 days

2nd cruise onwards. 90 days

10th cruise, 75 days

Dining reservations will be the same, 120 days, but only if you intend to eat at Remy or Palo which these are the restaurants you have to pay for, normal dining you will be given on a rotation basis.
It's the other way around ...
First time cruisers can book excursions and experiences at 75 days out.
Silver (2-5 cruises) can book 90 days out
Gold (6-10 cruises) can book 105 days out
Platinum (11+ cruises) can book 120 days out.

If you're only going on a 3 night, forget Remy and Palo. If you're absolute sure you want to do one, do a Palo brunch on Nassau day as it will still give you time to get off the ship afterwards for a mooch.

Cabanas is not open every night, it's normally closed on first and last evenings, but will be open for breakfast and lunch each day.
Don't miss the rotational dining in the Main Dining Rooms as each one will be a little 'show' and well worth being there for.

If you can't bag a Palo brunch online at 75 days, just go to the side entrance of Royal Palace when you get onboard as they hold some reservations back.
Old 26 Oct 16, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Just realised that I put those dates the wrong way round,think I was counting the other way.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread