Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JAMM
Proud to wear my Ears

advise for first timers... P&O Ventura with teens

Hi
For a few years we have been thinking about going on a cruise but never quite plucked up the courage to go for it... that is until last weekend when we booked the Ventura (p & o) for next February half term for a 4 night taster cruise to Amsterdam and Bruges. We are hoping it will have lots on there to keep our Ds's 17 & 15 occupied as they are quite active boys and loved to be doing something (when they have managed to get out of their beds that is!)
Dh and I are not dressing up, posh frocks type of people and now I'm beginning to have doubts
Does anyone have experience of the Ventura or been on the February cruise to put my mind at ease? Also not sure if that time of the year will be the best time to experience a cruise bearing in mind the weather and choppy seas

Edited at 02:45 PM.
JAMM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi
I have amended your title so people who have sailed on P&O before can assist.

I've not sailed with them but I'm sure you'll have good fun.
Old 2 Nov 16, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Hi, I have been on Ventura before, I actually did the same cruise last year! I cant help with the teen aspect as mine are older now, well other than i know there is a gym, ball court, swimming pools (one of which is covered) hot tubs etc. There are clubs for teens, but i dont know anything about them.
as for the dressing up bit, dont worry too much, as long as you are reasonably smart you will be fine on a normal night, Elegant night is a bit more dressy on the whole, and you will see long dresses and DJs but not everyone goes to that extent.
There are other places to eat if you'd rather not eat in the main dining room, there is a buffet restaurant, for instance, and a burger bar etc. Just be aware that if you dress down on elegant night there will be a couple of bars you wont be able to get into, there are still plenty of places you can go though!
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

We've not been on Ventura before (although we are booked on for next year) but it's the sister ship of the Azura which we have been on. We've also been on the Oriana a number of times when it was a Family ship. There is plenty for teens to do at the clubs. They have clubs for particular age groups.

As for the seas, we've sailed in 2 gales previously which I have to admit was interesting!.. You set off one way and your legs go another. If you're worried about it, get a couple of wristbands and some travel sickness tablets before you cruise. It's much cheaper than buying them onboard.

There's plenty of food available onboard. You can enjoy the dressing up or you can eat at the buffets. The choice is yours. What I can say is you will probably be fed up of eating by the time you've done as so much is available it can be overwhelming at times.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
Rea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JAMM
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Hi
I have amended your title so people who have sailed on P&O before can assist.

I've not sailed with them but I'm sure you'll have good fun.
Thank you Bats I do struggle with titles
JAMM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JAMM
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you Jsp and Rea, you've both put my mind at ease
It's good to know that I don't have to buy a posh frock and smart casual will be ok for the places we would want to go to
The boys weren't keen on the 'teen clubs' but I've managed to now talk with both of them and showed them what's on offer and they are quite excited now
Think I will purchase the seasickness stuff just in case before hand... you never know thanks for the tip

Thanks again
Julie
Closed Thread