Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 16, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bakey
slightly serious Dibber

Question Food at Universal

Hey, We're doing a few days at universal when we go and i could do with knowing where's good for food that won't cost the earth. kids and hubby love chicken and i'd like a semi healthy option.

Were a family of 5 so cost is a big thing for us, were staying at CBR on disney so cant take our own food really.

Any ideas would be great.

Shelly x
Bakey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Literally tonnes of options at City Walk, located just outside the main parks.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

There's certainly lots of options, particularly QS places. It depends what you're looking for really.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There is a food court in City Walk, it has a Burger King and a Panda Express, there is also Bread Box which gets really good reviews for lovely fresh made sandwiches.
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Look no further than the Orange Chicken at Panda Express, oh, or Coldstone Creamery, oh or Cinnabon, NBC Bar & Grill etc. Being serious, for 5 of you I could highly recommend Panda Express!
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

The Beverly Hills Boulangerie in Universal Studios does nice sandwiches. There are loads of places that do burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets etc.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

OH and DS always want to try Hot Dog Hall of Fame but we keep forgetting!
Looks quite good.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

I pre-purchased the Hard Rock Cafe deal from Floridatix for our trip this year. It cost £17 and was a set menu but main course, drink and dessert (ice cream) and tip were all included. I hadn't been going to bother for next year as I didn't hint it saved us anything however tip being included and the current exchange rate has made me rethink and I've bought it again for next year. It's now £18 for adults (not sure about kids) but it's something that's prepaid.

Trip Report Index
Old 2 Nov 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bakey View Post
Hey, We're doing a few days at universal when we go and i could do with knowing where's good for food that won't cost the earth. kids and hubby love chicken and i'd like a semi healthy option.

Were a family of 5 so cost is a big thing for us, were staying at CBR on disney so cant take our own food really.

Any ideas would be great.

Shelly x
It isn't something you really need to think too hard about in advance. There are places all over the parks and nothing is particularly expensive as I recall. I don't think you need to do much planning with Universal dining, it is not like the military operation that I currently have underway for my first Disney trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bakey
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
It isn't something you really need to think too hard about in advance. There are places all over the parks and nothing is particularly expensive as I recall. I don't think you need to do much planning with Universal dining, it is not like the military operation that I currently have underway for my first Disney trip.
I'm just thinking if i know of a few places i can go to that will be good food and not extortionate then i will be less anxious about it all, we have QSDP at disney and not too much spending so i need to plan everything.
Bakey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread