Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

We love bubba gumps for evening meal and this time we tried bread box and ended up eating lunch there 3 times was very scrummy.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

At universal we always end up eating in the Simpsons food place (sorry can't remember name) for the meat pizza followed by a giant pink doughnut to share (they do other things too but we can never resist the pizza). It isn't too expensive in there and there's always the option to share.
macadoo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bakey
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
At universal we always end up eating in the Simpsons food place (sorry can't remember name) for the meat pizza followed by a giant pink doughnut to share (they do other things too but we can never resist the pizza). It isn't too expensive in there and there's always the option to share.
We ate there last time we were in Universal and had the chicken and tatter tots which was actually really nice. It's down on our list for one meal at least. The lard lad doughnuts are lush aren't they, I've no idea why but they're the best doughnuts.
Bakey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bakey View Post
We ate there last time we were in Universal and had the chicken and tatter tots which was actually really nice. It's down on our list for one meal at least. The lard lad doughnuts are lush aren't they, I've no idea why but they're the best doughnuts.
They are yum! And not bad at around $5 ish.
macadoo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Bread box on city walk is absolutely delicious! Fab sandwiches served with fries or potato tots (yummy). Around $10 plus drink but really generous portions so could maybe share?
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Cinnabon is great, but I'm not sure that a big, sugary, cake is the best way to start the day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Well I wouldn't eat in the Harry Potter places. We are MASSIVE Harry Potter fans which is why we spent two weeks onsite at Universal last year. I had imagined I would be having breakfast or lunch in the Leaky Cauldron every day but the food was dismal and so not worth the money.

One of our favourite places was Cowfish at Citywalk. Huge portions that a family could share.
Just the smell of the leaky cauldron (from outside!) was enough to put us off. We are huge Potter fans and thought it was a bit of a shame really

Edited at 11:15 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Phoolgrrrl
Apprentice Imagineer

Phoolgrrrl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jim DiGriz View Post
Cinnabon is great, but I'm not sure that a big, sugary, cake is the best way to start the day.
We are going to have to disagree on that one! I'll have mine with a big iced mocha too!

I'm hoping to tr the new hot dog place on city walk, doesn't look too expensive and lots of choice. Nachos at margaritaville are on my list too.
Phoolgrrrl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

My 2014, 2015 and 2016 dining reviews are mostly universal - links in my signature
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bakey View Post
I'm just thinking if i know of a few places i can go to that will be good food and not extortionate then i will be less anxious about it all, we have QSDP at disney and not too much spending so i need to plan everything.
If you aren't in a hurry to get to Universal too early, you could go via Disney Springs - fill up on breakfast at Wolfgang Pucks, and grab an Earl of Sandwich to takeaway for lunch.

Then hit the City Walk food court on the way out - Breadbox, Whopper Bar and Panda Express are all great value at around $10 each, and enough for kids to share

That's our plan for our day out of the Disney bubble.

Alternatively, if you are keen to get going early, you could pick up your Earl of Sandwich the night before and grab an early breakfast at Old Port Royale.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread