Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
annebri
Earning My Ears

Ponderosa

The restaurant nearest pointe Orlando has now shut down.we are here now went to the one nearest wet and wild.it was ok
annebri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Oh no we like it there.

Is it closed for good, or just refurb?

Thanks
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

We went a couple of times last year,first time enjoyed it,second time it was poor and not a patch on previous years visits.Also the twice we were there it was virtually empty... Years gone by you had to queue to get in morning or evening
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

We used to go to the ponderosa on the 192 in the morning when we stayed in kissimmee. I really liked it and it was something we were going to go to next year just for old times sake.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
We used to go to the ponderosa on the 192 in the morning when we stayed in kissimmee. I really liked it and it was something we were going to go to next year just for old times sake.
We did that- and regretted it. It had gone downhill significantly. Dirty toilets and floors and lukewarm/tepid food. We ate a minimal amount then left.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Buddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went to one in Kississimme last night. Niw we haven't been gere for 4 years and were so looking forward to it. We were so very dissapointed. We out ut down to us having just arrived and being super tired so gonna give it another go when we are feeling more human for breakfast this morning.
Goofy's Buddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Goofy's Buddy View Post
We went to one in Kississimme last night. Niw we haven't been gere for 4 years and were so looking forward to it. We were so very dissapointed. We out ut down to us having just arrived and being super tired so gonna give it another go when we are feeling more human for breakfast this morning.
We last went 4 years ago. Has it changed much? What options did they have?
Thanks hope you have a lovely trip!
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

The closure doesn't surprise me. I called in there in May this year and it looked to be struggling. The breakfast offerings were just OK but the idea of a server controlling how much bacon and sausage I took surprised me for an "eat all you can" place.

I went up and down the sidewalk many times in the morning and the same man was outside with his board, trying to entice people to go inside.

My favourite choice of this type of diner was Golden Corral, at the junction of I Drive and Sand Lake Road. They offered so much more and my server mentioned how Ponderosa were struggling.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Most of the buffets seem to have got on a slippery slope. I suppose there just not economical a feasible anymore.

Sizzler used to be my daughter's favorite place, but they started removing items from the buffet, the quality if the meat started to decline and now they're gone. Looks like Ponderosa is on the same slope, and at the prices Golden Corral is showing on their TV ads they won't be far behind.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
We haven't been for a few years as more recently been staying onsite with dining plan, however next year are staying offsite.

Looks like we'll be giving Ponderosa a miss...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread