Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 29 Nov 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

we love key west and have been 5 times now, the longest stay was 12 nights.
we have also travelled up from key west staying in Marathon and Islamorada
In Marathon we went to the turtle hospital there which is a must do, and also went to the dolphin research center.
Also another must do is Robbies marina in Islamorada, go and feed the tarpon they are huge, and the pelicans are hanging around waiting to pinch your fish food!
Places we ate were The stuffed pig in Marathon
and the Green turtle inn Islamorada
another great place there to eat is Mangrove Mikes cafe.
when in Key Largo we go to Island grill at the Mandalay
we stayed at The Postcard Inn at Islamorada - Lovely views, but hotel needs updating badly
In Marathon we stayed at Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort, nice place but crawling and I mean absolutely crawling with iguanas etc, I know its a tropical climate but this place is covered with them!
Old 29 Nov 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wards
Apprentice Imagineer

Postcard Inn has been updated - we stayed at Pelican Cove next door last May. Loved both places but would recommend Pelican Cove.. beautiful. Can vouch for Robbies too - great place. We also enjoyed a night out at Lorelei's - inexpensive, lots of fun and a good band playing - was a Sat night when we were there; great place to watch sun set. We drove to Key West for the day and would definitely return and stay in KW next time. Wish we had stayed longer
Old 30 Nov 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
we love key west and have been 5 times now, the longest stay was 12 nights.
we have also travelled up from key west staying in Marathon and Islamorada
In Marathon we went to the turtle hospital there which is a must do, and also went to the dolphin research center.
Also another must do is Robbies marina in Islamorada, go and feed the tarpon they are huge, and the pelicans are hanging around waiting to pinch your fish food!
Places we ate were The stuffed pig in Marathon
and the Green turtle inn Islamorada
another great place there to eat is Mangrove Mikes cafe.
when in Key Largo we go to Island grill at the Mandalay
we stayed at The Postcard Inn at Islamorada - Lovely views, but hotel needs updating badly
In Marathon we stayed at Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort, nice place but crawling and I mean absolutely crawling with iguanas etc, I know its a tropical climate but this place is covered with them!
What do you find so great about Key West?
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We spent a few days in the Keys at easter - we also wanted a day or two in the Everglades so stayed at Florida City - it was also a fraction of the cost of staying on the Keys. Loved it - went as far as Bahia Honda State Park, and drove the 7 mile Bridge, but had no desire to go as far as Key West. I did a trip report, and will try and link to the relevant section if I can find it.

Links aren't my strong point, but try this

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...flori da+keys

Edited at 04:12 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tim17 View Post
Iknow it wasn't my post you were referring to but this walk we did over two days

oirf/images/pelicantour.pdf

When not walking it was just fun to sit along Duval Street and soak up the for want of a better word "hippy atmosphere."
We drank at Sloppy Joes and ate at Margaritaville and plenty of other places in Little Bahama.
Many evenings we were sitting on the kerb at 1am drinking coffee and watching alternative life style parades and stylish cars.
It is literally the end of the USA where anything goes and people free to do what they want which makes for a relaxing atmosphere.
If we had youngish children then it would be an entirely different matter, not that I have seen any thing that would shock the horses before 10pm. I think most youngsters know more than we credit them with and are capable of assimilating what they see!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

I just love the diversity of the place. People watching and the slow lifestyle plus all the bars the live music fort zac beach, people we have met and friends we have made.etc etc...😎
Old 6 Dec 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

I just love the diversity of the place. People watching and the slow lifestyle plus all the bars the live music fort zac beach, people we have met and friends we have made.etc etc...😎
Everyone's different SG, I think we'd soon get bored of watching drunk people night after night if we went to KW regularly. Give me Anna Maria Island any time!
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 16, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Everyone's different SG, I think we'd soon get bored of watching drunk people night after night if we went to KW regularly. Give me Anna Maria Island any time!
We don't sit there watching drunks! Although we go to Key West, we also then travel up and stay on the keys. The longest we stayed at KW was for my 50th!
We have stayed at ami as well twice and wasn't keen on it. Could of been because we were staying
In the wrong part of the island.
Old 6 Dec 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stayed at The Banyan Tree, just off Duval Street. Lovely, quiet little place to stay. Drank the best Cuban coffee I've ever tasted from a little shop down by the buoy! Long afternoon's in Sloppy Joe's. Really like Key West, a couple of days is enough for me though.
Old 6 Dec 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

We don't sit there watching drunks! Although we go to Key West, we also then travel up and stay on the keys. The longest we stayed at KW was for my 50th!
We have stayed at ami as well twice and wasn't keen on it. Could of been because we were staying
In the wrong part of the island.
I'd happily visit other parts of the Keys. Where did you stay on AMI, we spent several days at the north of the island last month and it was much quieter than the southern part?