Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Apr 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
deruisire
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks guys. If you select the insurance offering via a third party does Alamo accept that? In my case I went via Aer Lingus cars (car trawler) and selected the insurance option with them. Would a hold still be put on my card as I assume this is not Alamos insurance offering.
deruisire is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Adrob86 View Post
Thats great was keen to avoid a hold on my card. Thanks again to everyone who helped this is a great site
Actually and it is very random but some on here have reported that for no reason whatsoever they have had a $200 hold applied.
Just something to be aware of albeit it very rarely happens and has nothing to do with your financial status or even if you are a regular customer.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sorry to bring this up again before getting replies in here I asked Alamo the same question regarding insurance and have just received this reply

After reviewing your booking details, I see that you do have our Collision Damage Waiver (Full) and Extended Protection. You may visit the link provided below for extensive details of the rental coverage offered.
At our Orlando Airport office a deposit equal to the cost of the rental will be taken at the time of pick up. At the time of return this charge would go from pending to processed.

So my booking is for £510 so do I need over a thousand pounds on my credit card?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Adrob86 View Post
So my booking is for £510 so do I need over a thousand pounds on my credit card?
Nope... Ignore that. Their customer service agents read from a script as opposed to real world scenario. As long as you have the equivalent of $200 for the very rare occasions they add a hold, you're fine.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Nope... Ignore that. Their customer service agents read from a script as opposed to real world scenario. As long as you have the equivalent of $200 for the very rare occasions they add a hold, you're fine.
Thanks Andy fair to say I was starting to panic about moving funds. Think I will put an extra 200 on top of what I was going to should be fine then
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
As per Andy above. I think the people they employ to respond to E Mails life on Fantasy Island! Their replies are insane!
Probably BT call cente people in India

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
As per Andy above. I think the people they employ to respond to E Mails life on Fantasy Island! Their replies are insane!
Probably BT call cente people in India
I was thinking 1000 for a 500 hire was excessive. Glad there a site like this for real answers