Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 May 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

POR - busses

I have just been reading about the busses at POR and how they run etc. I am concerned about our first morning as we have a 8.05am ADR at Crystal Palace. The port Orleans . Org website says that the busses run from 7am onwards and up until 8am the busses will be shared POFQ & POR. so that is going to be cutting it fine, we would like to be at MK for 7:30am as we don't want to rush down Main Street with three children.
Is this doable? Have people made an early ADR from POR?
Thank you
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Floridatilly...

The busses will run when the busses run, and take as long as it takes to get to the MK with all the stops beforehand.

If I were you I would wait until check in or early on the 1st morning and ask at the Hotel. If you need to arrange a Cab they are sitting waiting, particularly if its not dooable, as many other people may have experienced your issue.

Disney332
Old 17 May 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The buses run much earlier than that. Shared buses didn't usually take long in our experience (we were there in Dec 2010 and all the buses were shared). If you are worried you can always jump in a taxi - if there are none waiting, bell services will call one for you.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have just been reading about the busses at POR and how they run etc. I am concerned about our first morning as we have a 8.05am ADR at Crystal Palace. The port Orleans . Org website says that the busses run from 7am onwards and up until 8am the busses will be shared POFQ & POR. so that is going to be cutting it fine, we would like to be at MK for 7:30am as we don't want to rush down Main Street with three children.
It doesn't take 30 minutes to walk down Main Street, even with 3 children! Only 5 minutes at most. Blimey, how big do you think MK is?

If you get a bus from POR at 7am then you'll likely get to MK's entrance just before 7:30am. The buses go straight to the entrance, so you don't have to get the ferry or monorail.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We were at POR and on 21st April we caught the MK bus at 6.45am and it went straight there so I think you will be ok.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It doesn't take 30 minutes to walk down Main Street, even with 3 children! Only 5 minutes at most. Blimey, how big do you think MK is?

If you get a bus from POR at 7am then you'll likely get to MK's entrance just before 7:30am. The buses go straight to the entrance, so you don't have to get the ferry or monorail.
I mean I want us to arrive at MK for 7:30am to give plenty of time to go through bag check etc and get to our ADR with at least 10 mins early, not 30 mins just to walk down Main Street we take it slow but not that slow
Old 17 May 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
We were at POR and on 21st April we caught the MK bus at 6.45am and it went straight there so I think you will be ok.
That's great, thanks. With what I read on port Orleans (non official) web site had me worried saying busses only start at 7am and the early ones are shared with French quarter and do lots of stops before heading to the park.
We did not want our first morning being a mad dash especially with 3 children, one diabetic and one a toddler
We will get to the bus stop really early
Old 17 May 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Even if the bus starts at 7:00am and you do each and every stop at both hotels, you'll be there by 7:30am

you will go through security, then check in, and be staged in an area on the far left of the MK entrance.
Then around 7:40/7:45am, CMs will open the line, you'll scan your tickets and enter the park.
Every one who has breakfast around 8 to 8:30 (or maybe later) will be let in at the same time as you. So don't worry too much about that
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I mean I want us to arrive at MK for 7:30am to give plenty of time to go through bag check etc and get to our ADR with at least 10 mins early, not 30 mins just to walk down Main Street we take it slow but not that slow
I understand.

Twenty-five minutes to get through bag check, enter MK, and walk down Main Street should be plenty of time. You'll probably do it in 15 mins or less.

We've stayed at CBR before and the buses there go to 7 or 8 bus stops before heading to MK. It usually only takes 20 minutes to get to MK. So if you get a bus at 7am, you should get there before 7:30am.

Hopefully, when you get to Crystal Palace you won't end up waiting outside for around 20 minutes after your ADR time like we did.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List