Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 May 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MonsterKraken
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Jlo31 View Post
We are heading off to Orlando 12th August to 26th August.

However, today I received my Tesco vouchers and I have £405 to spend via the vouchers. There offering is Thrifty/Dollar (Via Affordable Car Hire) but includes an extra driver with total cost of £481 for a premium car.
I'm off to Orlando from 29th July to 12th August. I can't get anywhere near your pricing from Affordable Car Hire for that period.

The cheapest (Economy) car is £570, while a Premium is £760. Am I doing something wrong, or did you get very lucky with your price?
MonsterKraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Are you using the link from the Tesco club card website ? I tried thIs morning from an old saved link, and prices were significantly higher. Hope that may help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MonsterKraken
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by scouser3 View Post
Are you using the link from the Tesco club card website ? I tried thIs morning from an old saved link, and prices were significantly higher. Hope that may help.
Yes, i'm using this link from the clubcard page (new memeber, so I can't post links):

w w w.affordablecarhire.com/en/search/index?brand=tescos

I've even check the dates jlo has booked, and the prices are much higher
MonsterKraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MonsterKraken
Being a bit Goofy

Hmm, looks like my work firewall is blocking some part of the website!

I tried on my phone and I get much better pricing.
Old 19 May 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just checked your dates on my link, and the price for my SUV is identical.
Old 19 May 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Prices for mine is still £481 for a premium car with dollar (check it has free driver added, you will need to keep scrolling down. I'm picking up at MCO 4pm 12th August and dropping off 3:30pm 26th August.

The link I'm using is affordablecarhire/en/sear...x?brand=tescos

Ive checked your dates and it's still £481. Just look for dollar/thrifty

Edited at 05:39 PM.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MonsterKraken
Being a bit Goofy

I think, rather foolishly, that I misread the first item on the form "Origin of Licence" as "Destination Country" and chose USA.

Once I set this to UK the prices came down accordingly.

Is there are difference between Dollar or Thrifty is terms of reputation?
Old 19 May 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don't think there is much difference in their reputation , as they are owned by Hertz. It appears from other reviews/forums they are not quite as good as Alamo, but you pay your money and take your chance, as my dad used to say . Dollar does have a skip the line facility I believe , but not sure you can use it through third party website.
As I said earlier , my car will be parked up for most days, so as long as it's ok/safe/reliable , I don't mind. It's a hire car, I give it back after 14 days!
Cost is a key driver for me, if you haven't worked that out yet.😂😂
Old 3 Aug 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MonsterKraken
Being a bit Goofy

As a warning (or not, depending on your use) they added their 'return empty' fuel option at the desk, insisting as the ACH booking didn't include fuel they could. It was priced at $97. I worked out a tank of fuel at roughly $30 (13g at $2.10), so I'd have to use 3 full tanks for it to be worthwhile.
I insisted they take it off, which she finally did. Just got to remember to fill up before I return it.
Old 3 Aug 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MonsterKraken View Post
As a warning (or not, depending on your use) they added their 'return empty' fuel option at the desk, insisting as the ACH booking didn't include fuel they could. It was priced at $97. I worked out a tank of fuel at roughly $30 (13g at $2.10), so I'd have to use 3 full tanks for it to be worthwhile.
I insisted they take it off, which she finally did. Just got to remember to fill up before I return it.
Thanks very much for the heads up. What was the choice like with Dollar/thrifty?
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List