Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 May 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Cancelling dining within 24 hours

We are currently on our second full day and have sci fi diner booked for lunch tomorrow. We have just done 8 hours in Epcot and the jet lag still hasn't started to wear off so we are quite sleep deprived. We thought about changing our plan and having a relax day and sleep in tomorrow to catch up but read there is a 10 dollar charge person for cancelling but I can't find this info again. I think they are perfectly justified doing this I am just worried that it may affect other reservations if we cancel one? Any help re charges and if it will affect our other bookings ?
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

It definately won't affect your other bookings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Shouldn't make any difference to your other bookings.

One option if you do want to go is to change it to a later date, I don't believe they charge if you amend the booking. I've also read you can then be cheeky and cancel it for no charge.

Also read reports that people have cancelled the night before and not been charged, rather than strictly 24 hours. I think it's mostly to prevent day of cancellations.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

I can't say this will be the case for you as I know there's definitely a clause that cancelled tables will incur a charge but we had a positive experience I'd like to share.

We did not have the disney dining plan on our last holiday (not sure if you have that). However we had pre-booked a number of restaurants for our holiday at christmas as we knew it would be busy. On our first full day we had a reservation at Magic Kingdom, although can't remember the restaurant. It was for about 5pm. We decided at about 4pm that we were a bit tired and went directly to the restaurant check in desk to ask if it would be OK to cancel. We were able to do so without any charge. Given how busy the park was I'm pretty sure they're likely to have re-booked the table/had walk ins. Either way it worked out fine for us

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

As long as you cancel by 11.59pm the day before then you won't be charged. There's no knock on effect to your other reservations either

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I know you've probably cancelled or been now, but for anyone else, we were poorly at around 5am and had a CRT booking for 8am.

We phoned the front desk at 5am and explained and they cancelled our reservation and didn't charge us (they already had my card as guarantee).

This may have been due to us being really sick tho! She could hear my OH in the background vomming!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
One option if you do want to go is to change it to a later date, I don't believe they charge if you amend the booking. I've also read you can then be cheeky and cancel it for no charge.
s.
I did this quite often on my last trip as on the DDP and there was just too much food to consume. You can even change it to a date after your holiday ends and then cancel it which I have also done.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I cancelled one of our ADRs on the morning of our dinner (mum was unwell) and although we were less than 24 hours Disney did not charge us.

I cancelled our dinner via the app.
Old 22 May 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We have been hit with the $10 a person fine ($30 total) for Rainforest Café a few years back, even though we were there and eating. Turns out that although we checked in with out booking reference, the guy didn't put it through properly so it looked like we were a no show. Noticed the fine on our Credit Card a few weeks after returning and I was given a US number to phone to sort it. Decided it wasn't worth the time or telephone expense to fix.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Just as a suggestion - if you are too close to cancel on the app/online becuase you are going to get a charge see if you can modify the reservation. Modify it to a few days ahead and then cancel - no fee!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List