Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Birkenstocks for me too
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

glad I saw this thread I usually wear sketcher go walk shoes really comfy but thats coz I wear shorts this year ive bought a load of playsuits and they just dont look right with them so was wanting a flipflop or sandal but if I wear anything other than go walks my feet are in agony!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Birkenstock Madrids are my Florida shoes but they need to be removed on rides where your legs hang down . Palmeiras leather sandals from Menorca are really comfy leather uppers & have a heel strap . They have a UK website if you google them .
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
I must be really unlucky as I have these in silver and they killed me in Florida! When my feet got sweaty or wet on rides they'd literally slip out from under me or send my foot sliding really far forward so the toe post would feel like it was splitting the skin between my toes 😖
At home they're fine but I'd never wear them in summer in Orlando again
I'm the same! Havaianas are the only sandals I always seem to fall off and do myself an injury in!

I wore Sanuks last year and found them great for pottering and for evenings but not so good for pounding long distances on hot concrete.

This year I have the Skechers Go-Walk flip flops. Fingers crossed!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
So I have flip flops, i also have dressy sandals BUT what about sandals for the parks?
Usually I have something with an ankle strap so I'm not worrying on rides but this year I can't find anything that I like.
Thought I'd found some in Clarks (whilst googling online) but when I went in the cross over straps are way too big and are a million miles off my foot.

clarks/c/Autumn-Peace/p/26123797

any suggestions ladies? I don't like my feet enclosed.. I prefer a sandal so no trainers.
I tried these and had the exact same problem. I was gutted as really liked them. I'm still searching for something I like

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post

I had sketchers go walks last time but looking for something different. I tend to get plantar fasciatias (spelling ?) so looking for something that has padding inside.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve&Jan
Excited about Disney

I like M&S footglove sandals. I've bought lots and they're so comfy.
Steve&Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
donna1974
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I wore these Skechers on the go sandals for 2 weeks last month and they are by far the best shoes I've worn at Disney beating my Merrell sandals and other Skechers go walks by a mile! They're so light, comfortable, supportive etc and I didn't suffer from aching feet or legs like I normally do as there's so much cushioning to absorb the impact of all that walking.
I was looking at these last night and I'm going to order some but wondered how the sizing is on them? The amazon site suggests i buy a size 8 but im a 7 so didnt want to buy the wrong size!
Old 23 May 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Kazorina
Earning More Ears

I wore these sportsdirect/skechers...lcode=23128405

and alternated with skechers flip flops, so comfy as they have memory foam padding. The heel is misleading in the picture as well, I was glad when they arrived and didn't look quite so raised.
Kazorina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

I love my birkenstocks but u have to take them off on rides where ur feet hang down. They sketchers on the go look very comfy!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List