Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Mar 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Matty777
Serious Dibber

I had a Premium (Taurus etc) booked with BAAVis for two weeks Mar/Apr ir £425. I've had a Tahoe before and got a bit of a longing for a Tank again.
So I phoned up, bizarrely it was only £130 more plus their £25 "admin" fee. Bargain, couldn't get my card out quick enough 🤓 May have been the end of their Jan sale though.
Matty777 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Norris1969 View Post
The BA upgrade prices are crazy when you know how much Avis are really looking for to make the upgrade. I was prepared to spend the £365 Avis were looking for the upgrade but not the £895 that BA were asking so will budget $400 and see what that will get me when I get to the garage (assuming that there is nothing in the free swap line that takes my fancy).
What is the Avis free swap line ?
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by MOONCHESTER View Post
What is the Avis free swap line ?
If you are signed up to Avis Preferred then your car is waiting for you in a parking bay. However if you don't like your car there's a row of cars that are free to swap (I think it only applies if you have booked an Intermediate level car or SUV and upwards) and they are a random selection of various grades of car therefore we may be lucky and bag ourselves a free upgrade/bigger car. There's also an upgrade row with an upgrade price per day on each car. Weird thing is that the same upgrade applies regardless of what you had originally booked therefore might be worth a look.
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Norris1969 View Post
If you are signed up to Avis Preferred then your car is waiting for you in a parking bay. However if you don't like your car there's a row of cars that are free to swap (I think it only applies if you have booked an Intermediate level car or SUV and upwards) and they are a random selection of various grades of car therefore we may be lucky and bag ourselves a free upgrade/bigger car. There's also an upgrade row with an upgrade price per day on each car. Weird thing is that the same upgrade applies regardless of what you had originally booked therefore might be worth a look.

Any idea of the approx costs per day to upgrade on site?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by GordyG883 View Post
Any idea of the approx costs per day to upgrade on site?
I guess it depends what you are upgrading to
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
I always get the fiesta size car then either go to avisba and upgrade to a larger car or directly at the airport:

This year we hired a fiesta type car (Group A) with our flights for 3 weeks. I then called avis ba and got a upgrade to a Group G car for $120 (Dollars)

I called BA Holidays and they wanted over £300 for the same upgrade.

Go figure...!
Hi, I've upgraded my car with avisba.com, when I go to collect the car will they just take the value of my car hire voucher off the current price of the booking? If so how will I know what the extra is to pay? I've printed my ba car hire voucher but there is no value on it and I can't remember the value that was initially given to the booking when I first logged on to avisba.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Hi, I've upgraded my car with avisba.com, when I go to collect the car will they just take the value of my car hire voucher off the current price of the booking? If so how will I know what the extra is to pay? I've printed my ba car hire voucher but there is no value on it and I can't remember the value that was initially given to the booking when I first logged on to avisba.
Hi, seeing as nobody seemed to know the answer to this I emailed avis to find out. When I get to the airport they will take the value of the voucher away from the current cost of the booking. They could tell me the upgrade cost was just over £130 so I know how much I need to budget.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List