Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Mar 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Please talk me through arrival and departure, MCO with DME

Not been through MCO for years and years. Cannot for the life of me remember what happens either end. And we have never used DME before.

Please can someone talk me through arrival and departure?

Arriving on a Thomas Cook flight if that makes any difference to any detail.

Edit: typo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lots of information on here about MCO including a useful walk through for international arrivals.

Can't help on the DME though as we've never used it. Someone posted a screenshot recently on here of the route to get to it.

orlandoairports/getting-...parture-guides

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I've got to be honest and say I didn't know TC flew to MCO - I thought they only flew to Sanford (SFB) UPDATE: I was wrong! Just checked.

Mick, I'd not seen that slideshow before - shows both international and domestic arrival routes. Thanks for sharing.

Edited at 12:53 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

The bit where that giode says bag transfer, which is slide 3, and then transfer to main terminal slide4...If you can carry them yourselves, don't put your bags on that conveyor, keep them with you up the escalator or stairs. That way when you get to the main terminal you don't have to go hunt them down, you can just go get your hire car or go direct to the magical express desk.
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I've got to be honest and say I didn't know TC flew to MCO - I thought they only flew to Sanford (SFB) UPDATE: I was wrong! Just checked.

Mick, I'd not seen that slideshow before - shows both international and domestic arrival routes. Thanks for sharing.
Yes BB we flew into MCO twice in 2015 with TC. At the time their PE prices from MAN were very competitive.

It's a very good website isn't it? All the facts you'll ever need.

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
There are several walk through son you tube which are good.
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
liz2206
Trying for More Ears

We have used DME twice now and it is quite simple. The check in desk is on the B side of the airport on the ground floor. There are signs directing you to bus transportation.

Once at the check in desk you give your details over and the check what your departure flight. They then will tell you what line to wait in. Once the bus has arrived you board the bus to the hotels, they usually have about 4 stops on each bus.

The day before your departure they hang your pick up time on to your room door. Please check to make sure they pick you up 4 hours before your flight leaves. The first year they only had us being picked up 3 hours before, we contacted them and this was changed.

On the bus they show a film about Disney, they have quizzes and short cartoons, my kids loved this.
liz2206 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

did this last year, doing it this year

its all about A & B and 123 at MCO.

this is helpful. With TC you arrive at B and DME is B so no need to cross airport. Only thing that's a variable is skipping the second bag drop depending on how much luggage you have.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
did this last year, doing it this year

its all about A & B and 123 at MCO.

this is helpful. With TC you arrive at B and DME is B so no need to cross airport. Only thing that's a variable is skipping the second bag drop depending on how much luggage you have.

Thanks papamouse. That was the plan I was referring to above.

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks papamouse. That was the plan I was referring to above.

Mick
you set them up and I knock em out the park Mick - teamwork

hope that joan is looking after you today, lots of dibbing to get thru, hope theres a good flow of tea!

Oh as you were jet setting you may have missed a thread in which ChrisS referred to you and Tom as "Gadgies" - I'll go dig it out if you haven't seen it.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List