Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Mar 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
you set them up and I knock em out the park Mick - teamwork

hope that joan is looking after you today, lots of dibbing to get thru, hope theres a good flow of tea!

Oh as you were jet setting you may have missed a thread in which ChrisS referred to you and Tom as "Gadgies" - I'll go dig it out if you haven't seen it.
Joan has looked after me for over 50 years papamouse and ChrisS has called Tom and I gadgies for a couple of years but I think that it's a Co Durham term of endearment.

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Joan has looked after me for over 50 years papamouse and ChrisS has called Tom and I gadgies for a couple of years but I think that it's a Co Durham term of endearment.

Mick
In that case, I hope you are making the tea for her!

Chris was more warning me off that, as I had mildly skewed a thread off topic, you guys would be along to complete the process...

learning from the pros

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
In that case, I hope you are making the tea for her!

Chris was more warning me off that, as I had mildly skewed a thread off topic, you guys would be along to complete the process...

learning from the pros
Joan's the qualified chef in this household. I'm the qualified dishwasher loader.

I even did it at Highgate Park although it was 90% coffee cups and glasses. I recognise the dishwasher and the fridge but I have no idea of what that other big white thing in the kitchen does. I know it gets hot on top when you press a few switches but other than that I'm a bit confused.

Who was it that was accused of taking threads off topic?

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Lots of information on here about MCO including a useful walk through for international arrivals.

Can't help on the DME though as we've never used it. Someone posted a screenshot recently on here of the route to get to it.

orlandoairports/getting-...parture-guides

Mick
That is a really useful guide. My DD and I are flying into MCO in October 2018 and we were stressing the airport may be confusing as we have previously flown into Sanford but this makes it a lot clearer.
We are flying with Virgin. So, am I right they land A side gate 2? So if we keep luggage with us, after getting off shuttle, we cross airport to B side and go down to level 1 to catch Magical express?
If so, I am thrilled to say I have, for the first time ever, read a map correctly 😊

Edited at 03:28 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Joan's the qualified chef in this household. I'm the qualified dishwasher loader.

I even did it at Highgate Park although it was 90% coffee cups and glasses. I recognise the dishwasher and the fridge but I have no idea of what that other big white thing in the kitchen does. I know it gets hot on top when you press a few switches but other than that I'm a bit confused.

Who was it that was accused of taking threads off topic?

Mick
me was (accused of taking threads off topic) and she said you guys were the masters... and I agree

Yes I can build a PC, defragment all your hard drives, build MS Access and Excel forms, Build website, create scenes for Halloween...

But that thing with the big round hole in the front and 3 buttons, I just, Just cant imagine how it would be at all possible to operate... beyond my abilities... and I'm a little scare when it makes a woowooowooooshhhhie noise

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That is a really useful guide. My DD and I are flying into MCO in October 2018 and we were stressing the airport may be confusing as we have previously flown into Sanford but this makes it a lot clearer.
We are flying with Virgin. So, am I right they land A side gate 2? So if we keep luggage with us, after getting off shuttle, we cross airport to B side and go down to level 1 to catch Magical express?
If so, I am thrilled to say I have, for the first time ever, read a map correctly 😊
Sadly this is where it gets confusing Virgin Atlantic actually arrive and leave from gates 70 -99 which is monorail line 4. However if you elect to do the second bag drop you have to walk over to side A to get to the carousel. I've no idea why this is but MCO is not like LGW. Once you're in the central concourse you can easily walk to the other side.

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sadly this is where it gets confusing Virgin Atlantic actually arrive and leave from gates 70 -99 which is monorail line 4. However if you elect to do the second bag drop you have to walk over to side A to get to the carousel. I've no idea why this is but MCO is not like LGW. Once you're in the central concourse you can easily walk to the other side.

Mick
Haha, so I didn't actually read a map correctly then 😊.
But if we don't do second bag drop (take bags on escalator with us), we use monorail 4 side B then same side B to level 1 for Magical express? Thanks
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Haha, so I didn't actually read a map correctly then 😊.
But if we don't do second bag drop (take bags on escalator with us), we use monorail 4 side B then same side B to level 1 for Magical express? Thanks
If papamouse's map is correct (and I'm sure that it is ) then you are right.

Mick
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

did this last year, doing it this year

its all about A & B and 123 at MCO.

this is helpful. With TC you arrive at B and DME is B so no need to cross airport. Only thing that's a variable is skipping the second bag drop depending on how much luggage you have.

Further to this map, (assuming you kept bags and are on DME) you are basically going top right (70-99) to bottom right as you look at this map. So as you walk down the map, you go left to get in the lifts, down to the first/ground floor. I often see the first set of "elevators" near the hotel area with a queue. there are several sets of lifts, and by carrying on and using one of the other sets of lifts you can avoid a queue.

One year we got talking to a family on the monorail that were unsure of their bearings... and we guided them.
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I actually believe that my teenage daughter and myself will be able to make it out of the airport now 😊 thanks to all the great advice here again